Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Red meat trout bbl

Default Red meat trout bbl

Just filleted these red meated trout caught from BBL , all I need now is a good fish Taco recipe !

db,
    My fav way to make fish tacos is to make a paste of lemon pepper, garlic salt, chopped cilantro, and olive oil, spread it on the fillets and grill them to perfection. A little lemon or lime juice would be nice too. On the bbq grill use one of those perforated sheet metal plates made to use on a bbq that keeps the fish from breaking up and falling through the grill, you can find those at Home Depot, Lowes, or Bed Bath and Beyond. Some places call them a BBQ Wok.
    Then the usual shredded lettuce, grated cheese, and hot sauce. I like using that fresh salsa you can buy in the deli section at most grocery stores too, adds the tomatoes and other veggies to the meal.
    Very easy to make. Hope you enjoy !
    TTFM
    (copied and pasted from another thread for wahoo tacos, works well for many species of fish)
    Last edited by Trout-Tuna-For.Me; 04-25-2011 at 09:09 PM.

BBQ Wok , I'll look for one this weekend as Iam tired of smelling up the house with deep fried fish , thanks . // db

I would like to add to your question but I can't even think of eating those perfect looking fillets on a taco. Those look sushi grade. Nice catch BTW.
    Trout I normally marinate in Italian salad dressing for an hour and then bake till done. Squeeze some lemon and eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    I would like to add to your question but I can't even think of eating those perfect looking fillets on a taco. Those look sushi grade. Nice catch BTW.
    Trout I normally marinate in Italian salad dressing for an hour and then bake till done. Squeeze some lemon and eat.
    yup i wouldn't be able to bring my self to make tacos out of such obviously high quality fish.

i would just hit them with a dash of season salt brush a little olive oil on them and grill them and enjoy the natural flavor of the trout

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    yup i wouldn't be able to bring my self to make tacos out of such obviously high quality fish.

i would just hit them with a dash of season salt brush a little olive oil on them and grill them and enjoy the natural flavor of the trout
    That's pretty much how I cooked the ones I caught up there at Big Bear. Very Good