Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A bittersweet Easter at JR

Default A bittersweet Easter at JR

I headed up to Jess ranch today since I had the day of and needed to unwind. I definitely should have checked the weather first. Always do, but jsut skipped my mind today. Got there shortly after 7 and headed over to the lower lake. I thought to myself, "oh how nice, theres an entire shore open for me to have all to myself". haha, I'm a fool. I figured out real quick why no one was there when I tried to cast my bait out and barely made it 5 feet. the wind was stiff to say the least and only got worse through the day. got a little dinker on a power worm right off the bat then nothing for an hour. couldn't cast anything, couldn't get anything to stay on the bottom since the wind was stirring up a current, and I got sick of not being able to leave my gear for fear of it being blown away. after chasing my chair up hill I had had enough and moved over to the upper lake. Got a decent 14"er jigging my home made powerbait, then the wind picked up even worse. I came out to relax and that just wasn't happening so I threw in the towel and decided to go over to the angling pond to test out my home made dough and just get out of the wind. The pond was desolate, no one around. I rotated back and fourth between power bait, my dough, and jigging crawlers and got some of my self esteem back I decided I would stay a while and asked the guys in the snack hut if they would put my catch on ice while I kept on fishing and they were nice enough to do so. After a couple hours I brought my new catch to the hut to check out and the kid in the back says "I'm really sorry, but my cousin accidentally gave away your 6 fish we had on ice, so I ran over to the hatchery and pulled four out for you. Plus you can keep what you just caught for no charge." I was a little annoyed about loosing my biggest fish, but I also lost that dink, so it all worked out and I can't turn down free fish. I would have settled for them just replacing them and still paying. That was a really nice thing to do. I have really enjoyed the staff at Jess ranch, they are head and shoulders above some of these other "lakes" I've been to *cough, carona cough cough*
    Anyway, all in all It turned out well. I could have really done without the wind, but they really made my day and I had a chance to have some fun with my dough. If anyone else of out there today I sure hope you had a good time and enjoyed the day

-SP-

Fishing in the wind sucks for sure. What a trip them giving your fish away. At least they made good on it . Thanks for the report .

Yeah, there good folks out there. and How could I be mad lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Fishing in the wind sucks for sure. What a trip them giving your fish away. At least they made good on it . Thanks for the report .