Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Home made power bait.Works the same at 1/10th the price.

I have read somewhere that calcium caseinate and sodium caseinate could help make dough float. I haven not been able to locate any and try it. I was messing with this same idea years ago and this is where I stopped. If you find it and find that it works let us know where to get it. One last thing was those protein shakes they sell at health food stores have some of these ingredients but it never made my dough float.

Only work if you bake the bait using the microwave to heat it up beyond 600°F within a very short time, or bake it really long (20mins) to release the sodium bicarbonate and harden the dough into a biscuit. Not fun to poke the hooks through those boillies/biscuits. Try a small dog food nibbles that float, and you'll understand.

What about trying to use floating fish feed ground up and adding a binder like eggs, jello, or some other type of ingredient. I have seen reports of people doing this and then cooking them after. but I am sure you can make a paste that should float just as well.

that will make the bait float..for a little bit. however, the gritty nature of the bait, unless using a very strong type of binder, will cause it to fall apart in the water. The best thing to do is to use the fish feed as a floatation center, and surround the entire center with the bait dough and scent that you want. not sure how that would hold up. in the water since only a part of the bait will be hooked, rather than the entire bait through the center.

about 80% of the time, I usually just toss small kastmasters or super-dupers.. Usually once the stockers realize there's tasty shad and minnows swimming around, they hit spoons super-hard.

the good thing about stockers, is they're very inclined to bite prepared baits, or combos.

they're used to formula with complex ingredients, so these baits work VERY well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345