Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Home made power bait.Works the same at 1/10th the price.

good idea. I have tried injecting it, and it can hold a bubble, but its delicate. It needs someting stronger like I think your suggesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Perhaps there is a way you can engineer a biodegradeable air bubble to insert into a ball of the bait and make the rig float?

maybe the corn starch helps

Wow. Very cool . Nice read . Enjoyed it . Good luck with it and keep working on it . One never knows what can happen .

now would be a good time for you to patend what u made so u can charge 5 bux for a little jar of bait like berkley powerbait does and make millions!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Steelheadpimp View Post
    Terrible. I'm still getting used to California waters. Lake Michigan has its problems, but its still extremely clean.
    California waters get progressively cleaner the farther NORTH you go. The closer you get to the hippies and potheads in the far northern reaches of the state, the better the environment. The closer you are to Mexico and Southern California, the worse it gets. The pollution probably comes from the higher population density.

How about micro balloons replacing a bit of the flour. Add till it floats to your liking.

Get the stuff at any hobby shop that deals with model airplanes.

Aye, you guys and your Power Bait! Berkeley has done so much for fishing and the sport would be much the poorer without Power Bait, it's just that other things work well for these trout, too.
    Nothing beats a good, old fashioned, 100% natural night crawler for catching trout, unless it's a 100% natural meal worm. You can even grow them yourself. Other things that work well are mini marshmallows which you can use from the same bag as those floating atop your hot chocolate (BTW, how about marshmallow cream as a floatant for your dough bait?)
    The #1 forgotten trout bait (or is it a sleeper that no one talks about?) is Velveeta Cheese. Which, by the way, you can pinch off of the block you're putting atop your chili for lunch. A ball the size of a marble on a size 14 treble hook just need to be flylined.

hahaha, you know LostCreek, I looked al over the net when I was thinking about this and this is the first recipe I tried. it's a good one, but I haven't used it. Have you? does it float? Seems like it wouldn't but maybe cooking it makes it more like bread and helps it bubble? Thanks for adding that

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    now would be a good time for you to patend what u made so u can charge 5 bux for a little jar of bait like berkley powerbait does and make millions!!! lol
    haha, I would love too. But the fact is it's just too much work lol. Getting a patent on a confection is almost impossiblle I'm told. besides, I just enjoy the hobby and it still needs a lot of work. :)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast