Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing with the Boss 4/22/11

Default Fishing with the Boss 4/22/11

Haven't been able to get out much lately. Been doing more studying than anything else, but finally got a little break on Friday. The Boss invited me out on his beautiful boat to join him and another co-worker for some bass fishing. I gladly accepted the invite.

Got to the first spot at about 0700, fishing in about 100ft. Started off with a swimmie but couldn't get it to stay on the bottom so I switched it up to the DS and was quickly rewarded with the first fish of the morning.

Made another drop and was hammered by a nice Sandie (not pictured). Soon after Mike landed his first fish of the morning.

Things were looking grim for the Boss. He ended up hooking into a small octopus, but it fell off before I could snap a pic. Then finally he goes bendo.

Mr. Sculpin

Trying not to get stung.

We fish for another hour or so without a bite until the wind and swells start to pick up. The boss and I start to get a little queasy, so we decide to head for calmer waters where Mike quickly hooks up with a feisty Sandie. I soon follow with another Calico.

The boss goes bendo soon after on a nicer grade calico.

Thrashing around. Sorry poor pic.

Parting shot from the bow.

Called it quits at 1500 with 11 bass sandies/calicos and 1 sculpin. Tons of life in the water today. Sardines busting the surface and dolphins everywhere. Still trying to get used to the offshore/deepwater fishing. Definitely a lot different than fishing the bays and harbors. Til next time.

Jason

nicely done! good to see a bass report - hopefully signs of things to come.

kk

Hi jaysuuun,

Nice job on the fishys. Boy ... I'd be afraid to fish that boat ..... one drop of blood on the upolstery and ...... there's 3 hours of scrubbing !! :)

JapanRon

Hey Jason,
    Very cool of the boss to invite you for some fishing.
    Those were some nice looking bass you got there.
    Thanks for the report,
    Robert
    <><

NICE jay!! glad you got outta the harbor homie! lol

great report man...thanks!

GD

Nice to see you get out after all the studying Jason!
    Good job on the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by k3vin_kim View Post
    nicely done! good to see a bass report - hopefully signs of things to come.

kk
    Thanks. It wasn't a bad day for bass fishing. I definitely need to put in some more time out there and find the honey holes.

Quote Originally Posted by JapanRon View Post
    Hi jaysuuun,

Nice job on the fishys. Boy ... I'd be afraid to fish that boat ..... one drop of blood on the upolstery and ...... there's 3 hours of scrubbing !! :)

JapanRon
    Thanks. That boat is definitely not designed for fishing. This is his recreational (Lake Havasu) boat. LOL I was afraid to stain the seats with slime or getting a hook buried into the upholstery every time I pulled a fish up.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Hey Jason,
    Very cool of the boss to invite you for some fishing.
    Those were some nice looking bass you got there.
    Thanks for the report,
    Robert
    <><
    Robert, thanks it was nice to pull on a few calicos for a change instead of the spotties. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bored of catching spotties, it's just nice to see a new face/color. Hoping to join the boss on more fishing ventures in the future

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    NICE jay!! glad you got outta the harbor homie! lol

great report man...thanks!

GD
    GD, yeah it was nice to hook up with some decent calicos. I wanna do more surf fishing this year. Maybe I'll see you out there sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by klocked View Post
    Nice to see you get out after all the studying Jason!
    Good job on the fish!
    Thanks man, it was nice to set the books down for a bit and pick up a rod. Hope to hit up the surf with you sometime this season.

Good job showing the Boss how to fish
    DR

just looking at your third picture makes me queezy!

You got to fish with the boss. Nice boat for sure. Way to clean for fishing Congrats on your catches . Thanks for sharing .