Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: engine repair

Default engine repair

Hey guys,

Looking for a place to have my 82 johnson 2 stroke resleeved. I was going to oversize the pistons but the cylinders are scored way beyond maximum. I have checked out Q and E but would like other places to get quotes from. Having a little trouble finding other places that can do it.

To all the mechanical guys out there. What do you think about having the cylinders replated and going with stock bore size. Is it better do to that than resleeving?

Thanks in advance

Not sure I'd do this, parts for a 29 u'r old motor are going to be tough to continue to get.

Maybe find a good used motor from someone who just did a re-power.

What size motor do you have?

Where are you located?

KC- I found a website that has tons of parts for different motors. www.marineengine.com. I thought about getting a repowered engine but a little gun shy about getting another motor that was rebuilt by someone else. If i do it myself i know what exactly has been done with it.

Tagg27- im in chino

I use a guy in Perris, Matt @ Bauer Motorsports. 951)485-6009. I have a 40hp Outboard on my boat and he did a good job on my motor at a reasonable price. Hope this helps

What size motor ?
    How many cylinders ?
    DR

Try B&J Marine in Pomona 909 629-2543 they might be able to help you

tagg27- i left them a message and still waiting for a reply

DR- 70hp, 3 cylinder

357- i'll give them a call when i get back from Chicago.

Does anyone know if LA Sleeve can do the resleeve on motors? or do they just manufacture and supply the sleeves?

Thanks everyone for the replies