Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Hand Poured Plastics

Default Hand Poured Plastics

I'm looking to buy a couple of molds for 5" Senko type worms and 4" Roboworm type worms. I've looked online and found a few different sites. I was wondering if there are any local shops or other online stores you could recommend for molds. Any tips you can give me for pouring plastics are welcomed also.

Thanks,

U should lool at Del-mart dot com and see what's for sale. That will be a good starting point.

b

Here is another place I had bookmarked on my computer.

http://www.lurecraft.com/catalog.cfm/molds

Del-Mart molds look top notch but are pricey. I want quality baits right off the bat so I may purchase their mold. So Bman you ever pour any of your own plastics?

Del mart has great molds. I have a few from him and he makes great ones. Also you can check bob tackle shop and lure craft for silicon molds. If you want a good senko style bait to come out i would go with a 2 piece aluminum mold.

Yeah, I was leaning towards the 2 piece alum mold 5 1/4" Senko with 4 cavity's. $62.00 dayum!

Yup they are pricey but here are the benefits of having them.
    Quick cooling so you can pull the baits out faster (i use a fan to cool the molds i just poured while pouring other molds. by the time im done pouring one the previous mold is cool)
    You can pour thousands of baits without the mold deteriorating (silicon molds breakdown)
    If you decide to do injection molding you can modify these molds to accept the injector.
    Depending on how many you want to pour, with 2 molds you could pour well over 100 an hour after practice.
    They will last in storage for ages.
    Aluminum molds will pour more smooth \ unified \ shiny baits.
    I might have something in my storage PM me if your interested and I will let you know what I will be getting rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MindBendo View Post
    Del-Mart molds look top notch but are pricey. I want quality baits right off the bat so I may purchase their mold. So Bman you ever pour any of your own plastics?
    I haven't but I used to have a buddy who did pour his own back in the day. One day I would like to make my own.

Keep us posted how u do.

b