Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Striper Derby 2011 Havasu

Laythe, yea lots of fun seems like most do good with the cutbait and lots of chum. I have tried trolling in the basin but lots of grass coming in from the river so not so good for me, but others seem to do pretty good on the troll. I fished the other end of the lake last two years and did not do any good. So gona try the basin area this year good hunting them stripers.....

Hey Jeff, doing good not much Havasu fishing this year lots of work but that is good. Hope you guys get to fish it this year but business first and play second good luck with the merge. Man got to get revenge on them Stripers to make up for the last 2yr.s......

I think we are leaving tomorrow...finally talked myself into taking some time away..and yes,the last 2 yrs have sucked! Dont think we are fishing the derby,prolly just relaxing,beer drinking and enjoying some time away before all hell breaks loose here.we will be at the friday meeting though,hope to see u there..be safe!

Jeff

Well how did everyone do?

pack the sun tan lotion...SPF5000!

No way weather was great but not the wind on Sunday but still fun. Here is what we got back from Havasu derby
    We only got these because of Montey and his Daughter they always get fish was nice to meet them. But they do not know that I swam under there boat and put a gps tracker so next year we will catch some fish also. Cannot wait till next year it is always fun.

How did you do? We went out friday about noon and was wide open on the lmb and smallies..topwater all day!! Didnt even see a striper there this weekend. Bummer!! Hope you did ok.

Finding fish was not an issue for us. We ened up taking 2nd!

Jens, same as last year only cat,sBut still had a good time. Glad you got out there and caught some fish still love going too Havasu any how. Take care till next year....

2natime, good job have you placed that high before? I have sucked for 3yr.s now good for cat,s bad for the stripers. Sunday ran to the I-40 and back and not even a bite but there is always next year any how glad you had a good couple of days.... you must have scooped up at least a 100lb.s of those floating anchovies in the harbour for bait I tried but could not get off of work then,,,,,
    Last edited by drifter023; 05-18-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast