Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lightning on a Scorching Day

Default Lightning on a Scorching Day

HELLO SARL WOW FNN it has been a while since I made a thread or post here sorry been finshing up school and all... BUT anyway I had in mind to go fishing on friday and I was thinking ok wake and head over to corona as I usually do but on the freeway I had a change of mind and thought lets try SARL today havent been there in a while and a good decision I made.
    Pulled up to the lake around 7:15 and went over to the spot I normally fish at to find it occupied so went back towards the boat docks and found a nice spot next to a couple of really cool guys that had caught a few already
    7:35 My first line is in the water(soaking a inflated N/C) and get slammed within the first couple of mins and I have my first Lightning of the day a nice 2lber
    7:50 Lines back in the water with some Garlic PB this time and now I'm fishing a Thomas Buoyant Gold on my other rod
    8:15 My strike indicator gives a lil tick and then just immediately flys up and have another nice lightning couple pounder
    Bite slowed down for the next couple of hours went to the store to pick up a nice cold Bud Light
    10:30ish Both rods soaking bait now I'm just relaxing when the rod with the N/C almost goes flying into the water and have the biggest fish of the day a nice 3.5lber

It started to get really hot around 12:30 so I decided to call it a day with only 4 fish (plus i have a ton of trout in my freezer) :)
    Great day to be on the water Gluck Out there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hrach_Sarkisian_-_Glendale_-_4-15-11.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	29881  

nice catch. did the guys u were talkin 2 also catch fish?