Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Encino Reservoire...Any info?

Default Encino Reservoire...Any info?

Any one know any thing about the Encino Reservoire by Calabasas? I just found out about it and did some mini research and supposidly there is fishing there. All my life I have been born and raised in LA and never knew this place existed so I want to know some info on it...

I think it's closed to the public, at least that's what I read online.

I grew up there. It was a fenced off area with guards. When I was a kid they didnt let you near the water. I think its a fresh water resevoire ? I doubt youll get anywhere near it.

oh...interesting...thanks for the info! i read some where online on a website about the fish they have and also there was a section asking to post fishing reports if you went up there...kind of threw me off so i wanted 2 know...

i used to fish there. You do need a license(if ur over 16) and there is pretty good fishing there. the entry is free. You can catch tilapia,carp, and bluegill. I saw a dead catfish there, so im guessing they are there.

North-East L.A. / West San Gabriel Valley

Quote Originally Posted by pike guy View Post
    i used to fish there. You do need a license(if ur over 16) and there is pretty good fishing there. the entry is free. You can catch tilapia,carp, and bluegill. I saw a dead catfish there, so im guessing they are there.
    perhaps you are referring to balboa lake , which does indeed have catfish (i have seen a picture of a 2 foot channel cat from there) , tilapia , and carp.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterAndy View Post
    oh...interesting...thanks for the info! i read some where online on a website about the fish they have and also there was a section asking to post fishing reports if you went up there...kind of threw me off so i wanted 2 know...
    these websites automatically generate entries for every lake, stream , dry wash , etc. in the country. half they places they suggest are ridiculous.

this is there disclaimer " Please remember to check with the local Fish and Wildlife department to ensure the stream is open to the public. Now get out there and fish!"
    http://www.hookandbullet.com/fishing...-calabasas-ca/