Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Local Trip, 4/19/11...dues paid!

Default Local Trip, 4/19/11...dues paid!

Spent a few hours with my friend’s Wellcraft 252 Coastal. Picked up a ˝ scoop of mixed dines and chovies from Nacho. Good looking bait. Anyhow, we didn’t have much time so we headed out to 2 different spots not too far away in the Horseshoe area. 1st spot had nice marks….did 4-5 drifts over it for zero results. Headed to spot #2 and this one also had nice marks on it. Same routine as spot #1….drift over it, rinse, lather, and repeat for zero results. Water conditions were not perfect but they weren’t really bad at all.

We decided to head in to see if we could catch some bass at the wall. I got zing powed on one then my buddy lands a nice calico on a flylined chovie. He released it so quickly I couldn’t get a photo. Probably 15” range. That was all the time we had! 1 calico for the boat but we had a great time on the local waters. Dues paid we’ll get ‘em next time!

Wellcraft 252 Coastal

Gear for the Day…TN14, CTE-400, BX2-500
    They have 16 rocket launchers on the boat…nice!

Tails up,
    Dale

well - at least you tried.

Zing-powed.... i like that - i'm gonna have to use that one.

Who cares about the fish when you got a nice ride like that!

Quote Originally Posted by marzocchi View Post
    Who cares about the fish when you got a nice ride like that!
    You very right! It does ride really nice and keeps you pretty dry. Can't wait for the Catalina and paddy hopping trips this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by k3vin_kim View Post
    well - at least you tried.

Zing-powed.... i like that - i'm gonna have to use that one.
    Thanks! Yeah, the first time I heard that phrase was probably over 10 years ago on the Freedom. It stuck. We'll get 'em next time...hopefully.

Tails up,
    Dale

Hi tailsup1,

Fishy karma will be yours.

JapanRon

Nice Boat!,Hey Ron nothing frustrates me more than reading good marks and knowing the fish are there and they still won't eat,and other times you see the same marks and say oh yeah ok here we go this is the spot,and bang it's on!
    Fish after fish,YES! Oh well I guess thats why they call it.....you know the rest,thanks for the report and pics!