Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "LiL TD takes piggy to the market!" 4/17

Default "LiL TD takes piggy to the market!" 4/17

Soooo....the original plan was to be at Irvine Lake by 3pm with daughter in tow, plenty of time to fine tune a Barbie pole or two for the Kiddie Pole tourney and get ready to slay! Well things didn't quite work out that way for us and although we were both a little disappointed we could not join in on the fun, we did make it just in time for the final weigh in/trophy presentation. Congrats to all the lucky anglers out there Saturday night with Bruce Watson and Taper Steve's better half representing.

Bruce seems to have won his fair share of money this trout season....now I know where the money went, Lil TD was diggin the new ride

As you can imagine my daughter was pretty bummed about not being to get to the lake earlier, but I was not going to let my girl down as I have been promising her a camping/fishing trip for quite sometime now. Work has kept me off the water way too much in 2011 and there was no way I wasn't going to make lemonade of the situation. Wound up chatting with Hitts and talked him into spending the night and joining us by the campfire. Oh thanks for the midnight hotdogs btw, although lugging Steve's weber in the back of my 4runner packed with all my other junk(going over speed bumps) was an interesting prospect

After a LATE night by the fire goofin off with all three of us doing our best impressions, I woke up at 8am to a firey ball of light blasting through my side window creating an oven-like environment. Hitts was long gone and my truck was flanked by Boy Scout troops fishing Woody's Cove, the action seemed like a fair pick on the bows as I watched two get landed in the 20 minutes it took for me to gather our gear and head to the tackle shop. Got washed up, said hello to the morning staff, had a little breakfast on the patio while people watching and then grabbed a boat for the day. It was about 9:30am when we left the dock, sunscreen would be a necessity without a doubt and I was hoping the spot I had in mind was open...made the short run and saw the spot was all ours. Beached the boat and unloaded our gear in quick order, while Lil TD started picking out the spots where our rod holders would go for the day.

Grabbed the pre-rigged Kencor, baited it up with a half inflated crawler and told my daughter to pick her favorite colored power egg and either Bite-On garlic or Corn for scent...."think pink garlic" was the theme for the day! With one rig in the water I started tying up another set up while enjoying some one on one time with my little girl who is all too quickly becoming a little lady and that much closer to wanting to do stuff with her friends, rather than going fishing with Dad...I sure hope not, but I have to face reality. Rod #2 was about to hit the water when I noticed our indicator about to get pinned against the rod so I told Lil TD to grab the rod and get ready....

"I think we have bite Dad..."

Hookset and BENDO..

Upon hookset line starts peeling off the reel and I knew we were on a good fish, I quickly reminded my fishing partner "when the fish runs, let him...when he stops runnin start crankin". Less than two minutes in and this FAT trout shows himself and we are both PUMPED...I was more excited than she was of course! After about 10 minutes my girl lands this lil piggy that eventually hit the scales at 6.14oz wtg LilTD!!!!!!

Dad gets the honor of putting the pb on the stringer...thanks for letting me hold your fish hun!

With a little time on the stringer, the catch was primed for a more subdued pose...

Got a couple more poles in the water and just sat back and enjoyed the view...

Not too much later fish #2 jumped on the stringer, not much in size but full tailed and lots of fun on the light gear. Passed the next couple hours with an airborne trout spitting the hook, a shoreline line breakage in the adjacent weeds and some arts n crafts mixed in.....Imma lucky guy

Fish #3 met its fate at the hands of my daughter and we started to pack it up around 3:30....stringer shot

WTG kid!

Headed to the tackle shop to weigh in, 12.2lbs for 3 fish with a 6.14oz kicker...can't tell you how proud I was of my daughter....a good little fisherman and a great kid

Hope to see you guys at the lake this Saturday!
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...e-Lake-4-23-11

TD

I heard you were out at the Vine this weekend and I was thinking, 'why didn't he post a report?' But then I said, 'TD always reports late, I'll just wait.' Sure enough, two days later, we have a report... and a damn good one too.
    TroutDog... You the man! Way to put your girl on some fish. And congrats to Lil' TD on her PB! I'm still waiting on the day you put me on some fish.

NICE FISH TD , One day your daughter will be taking her kids to the vine for a fishing trip , lets hope your wheel chair doesn't get stuck in that mud , lol

TD , Your truely a great role model. That was a great report and the pic with the arts in craft is my favorite. I would get that blown up.. Great job bro

Well done!

Lil TD caught a 6.14lbs, that is one heck of a nice fish. Once she gets old enough for the sidepots, the TD family is going to have a new means of income.

Nice report agian Aaron and congrats To LIL TD on the PB.See you this weekend.

Great post man. Good to see the bonding time.

Im thinking I should hit Irvine this weekend while there is still some trout action and before the weather warms up.

congrats to LIL T-DOG. Thats how you show daddy, WAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZ UP! looks like a great trip. you the man. take care & see ya soon. TEAM BRING IT

TD,
    Congrats on the awesome father/daughter outing! Good to see you were able to hit the water. Congats to lil TD on the PB. Love the cool mud art too, thanks for sharing.

NG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast