Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Looking for recipe to make fish tacos with wahoo

Default Looking for recipe to make fish tacos with wahoo

My bro-in-law gave me some wahoo filets and I am looking for a good recipe to make fish tacos.
    I tried one that was pretty good,here it is.In a skillet add 2cups chicken broth,juniper berries(only use 3 berries),and bay leaves(use only 5 leaves and do not crush) bring to a boil. add monterey steak seasoning to filets.Place filets in skillet, turn after a few minutes,cook for another 3 minutes or until done.Remove filets and cut in to chunks place into shell,or on a tostada,add coleslaw,shredded cheese.Crack open a *Corona* and enjoy.

*Corona is intended for adults only.Drink responsibly

Bill,
    My fav way to make fish tacos is to make a paste of lemon pepper, garlic salt, chopped cilantro, and olive oil, spread it on the fillets and grill them to perfection. A little lemon or lime juice would be nice too. On the bbq grill use one of those perforated sheet metal plates made to use on a bbq that keeps the fish from breaking up and falling through the grill, you can find those at Home Depot, Lowes, or Bed Bath and Beyond. Some places call them a BBQ Wok.
    Then the usual shredded lettuce, grated cheese, and hot sauce. I like using that fresh salsa you can buy in the deli section at most grocery stores too, adds the tomatoes and other veggies to the meal.
    Very easy to make. Hope you enjoy !
    TTFM