Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June lake ice-free

Default June lake ice-free

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IceFreeJuneLake.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	29646 June Lake 100% ice-free! Docks are in, water levels high and plenty more run-off coming. Snow on the shores and mountains. Blue skies, sunny, see fish jumping morning and night. Ready for Opener!! http://www.lakefrontcabins.net

Do you have any info on the other lakes in the loop?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Brown Eye View Post
    Do you have any info on the other lakes in the loop?
    Silver & Gull are both mostly/partially frozen as of this morning. Probably open water by opener but that's up to mother nature. Grant is spilling from what I was told.

Thanks so much for the info. I've decided to make my first trip on opening day this year after first fishing June in 1958..my very first time fishing. My last trip was around 1983 and I learned the Fitzsmith's had sold the marina to
    John and his family. He turned me on to leadcore line and needlefish lures and has become a tremendous attribute to the area, as has your facilities have been over the years. Many of my parents friends would stay at your place and they always loved their time there !

Thanks again for the heads up
    Last edited by Stickleback; 04-21-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Nice to hear that Grant is spilling--is it still iced up? Thinking about hitting the Loop 4-26/27. TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by flytyingreloader View Post
    Nice to hear that Grant is spilling--is it still iced up? Thinking about hitting the Loop 4-26/27. TIA!
    My buddy from Lee Vining didn't specify - but if June is wide open, Grant surely is.

Anybody remember when John and Mickie opened up with their little food shop next to the main bldg? Loved seeing their family every opener and mid year .

I believe John owns and operates all of Crowley ... Fish Camp ... etc. ?????

I remember when he gave me some sample bottles of bait to try ... was kinda like a pasty Velveeta ... but couldn't say what it was ... my guess was that it was a prototype Zeke's

Ditto; I was at Grant for the closing of the season and it was at near full capacity. If it was full thanwhen it will definitely be full for the opener or shortly thereafter with all the runoff. Get to fish all my good spots I haven't fished in about 7 years or so :) !!
    Last edited by sierratroutslaya; 04-18-2011 at 11:17 PM.

if you go to the gulllakemarina web site www.gulllakemarina.com they have a webcam and you can see that it is pretty much wide open and a beautiful day there today. Can't wait...been doing this since 1976 and have only missed one.
    shawn

Quote Originally Posted by sierratroutslaya View Post
    Ditto; I was at Grant for the closing of the season and it was at near full capacity. If it was full thanwhen it will definitely be full for the opener or shortly thereafter with all the runoff. Get to fish all my good spots I haven't fished in about 7 years or so :) !!
    Last year was REALLY good for me at both Grant and Silver Lakes. Even in high summer, Grant kept kicking out the quality 'bows. I suspect Grant will be my first stop on Tuesday 4/26, assuming the weather doesn't go dogmatic on us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast