Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget Kayak?

Default Budget Kayak?

OK guys I'm on a super budget and need to get rid of my leaky caddis float tube.
    I got about $200. I need a kayak that I can fish lmb/spotties and halibut from.
    90% of the time LMB.
    Just a basic Kayak that I can bolt a 3 rod holder to.

I saw some inexpensive kayaks at a local sport authority but figured I'd ask here for advice from the more experienced before I bite the bullet.

Do I have any good options in this price range? I just need something very basic.
    Maybe if it could handle tubing the harbor or even further out that would be sweet too but don't want to push my budget/luck.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Keep your eye on craigslist lol.

Like check out this one..
    I saw it for less money in store.
    http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...entPage=family

Where you been VG?
    Fish biting foo get down here!

Less initial cost but add the rod holders, ff, **** like that. I've been in az but I think I might be moving back here to anaheim.

The fish finder is my worm rod holmes!
    Would need a couple rod holders.
    I don't know anything about kayaks man. Just know I'm sick of the caddis. haha

Hey I've been through some stuff you wouldn't believe too.
    Trying to get the old crew together again. Bryan and Matt have been out a bit lately.
    Move back down here and fish. Everything else sucks.
    Fishing the only way to fly. Street bikes too.

"But, We have been catching the bigger fish on the bigger worm. We sho Have."

Like your buddy said, keep an eye out on craigslist and buy something you can build onto, most hardcore kayak folks will tell you how important it is to paddle the kayak first to make sure you like it, but if your on a budget like I was when I got my first kayak and you have never paddled a kayak before your really unlikley to notice any major differance from one boat to another. The most important thing is to decide wether you want a sit inside or a sit on top, I now have both and like each one for different reasons and purposes, also keep in mind if you fish lakes like Diamond Valley and Skinner, they allow only sit insides and must be at least 10 feet in length. flush mount rod holders you can add to any kayak and they sell at BPS for around 9 bucks each, that was the first thing I bought to add to my Cobra Navigator, after that you can add a rocket launcher type rod holder to the front of your yak for trolling and then a fish finder and so and so on. The cheapest new kayak that I found for Diamond Valley is at BPS its the Ascend 10, that boat is the bare minimum you can get in a new kayak, no foot rests no padding on the seat no rod holders no bungies on the deck or the stow away bin in the rear, it really is bare minimum. Therefore your best bet is to go used and if thats the case you cant be picky, I picked up my Navigator for 100 bucks the kayak only, no seat no paddle nothing just the boat itself, then I got a wilderness system sit inside I think its the Pamlico 10 for 240, but this was a much better deal because I got the padded seat, a paddle, bilge pump, life vest and spray skirt. Just keep your eyes open, there out there but you would have got a much better a couple months ago when it was colder and out of season. Good luck hope all this nonsense makes sense to you, it did to me while I was writing it but now I'm afraid to read it, LOL.

Ya man ill know thurs/fri for sure if I'm going too be staying out here in anaheim, I've been looking for work for 2 years with no unemployment or anything and my cousin is going to need help soon station his company but he just has to smoothing things over with his old lady first lol. Oh he's got a boat to, once we fix the lower unit its on.

You should put a post up on Cl like everyone says look for a sit on top kayak try to get malibu or cobra. I dont think you want a sit inside kayak for ocean fishing if you get water inside you're screwed or a inflatable one. If you need any pointers on yaks give me a PM i went through buying 5 yaks this year to find one i liked.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast