Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Question about tubing BBL?

Default Question about tubing BBL?

I know there's a fee to launch at BBL and that you can get a yearly pass. Where do you pick one up and what do they run. After you get one where's a good place to launch the first time up there? I want to break out the fly rods this year and learn something new?

Non-Registered Vessels

Non-motorized boats and sailboats 8 feet or less in length

Kayaks, canoes, rowboats, sailboards, float-tubes

Seasonal Permit $45.00

Valid April 1, 2011 - March 31, 2012

id launch @ boulder bay n try n stay out of the wind

Thanks for the link, it has answered most of my questions as well. I wonder what it would be like to launch from the West Ramp? I like Grout Bay. Just thinking out loud. Thanks again for the info. Once you get the permit do you have to have the float tube inspected at a marina each time you launch or can you just launch wherever you want, since I don't need a ramp?

gotta have it inspected each time ;-(

I thought so, but wanted to be sure. Oh well sooner or later I'll take the tube up there, right now there are other options and a couple of places that I can still fish off the shore. Thanks for the info.

crappie all day right next to the dam on jigs... also near the docks in boulderbay, trout are everywhere lol

When you get your Seasonal pass you sign a form [ Non-Registered permit only ] for a SELF INSPECTION CERTIFICATION that you certify that your vessel will be clean . No need to get your tube inspected before launch .