Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid 4/11

Default Pyramid 4/11

Well, this was my first time fishing pyramid cuz I usually fish castaic. I decided change was good and why not! Me and a buddy didn't hit the water until 10am due to boat problems.

I didn't do as well as I expected but I can't complain either.

Launched at 10am and started trolling. Immediately Zzzz hook up. Saweet I picked the right lure. Then again, and again. 3 in the first half hour. All I was thinking was that how fun is this gonna be if its like this all day. Wrong, trolled for hours more and only landed 1 more. I was hoping we would get into some big ones and that the action would be more consistent. We had a hard time locating them after the first hour. Water temps were anywhere from 58-60 degrees. I guess I will have better luck next time. but it sure beats the big skunk. I will be going more often, so I will be back to post more.

Mikesocean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pyramid.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	29604  

Quote Originally Posted by mikesocean View Post
    Well, this was my first time fishing pyramid cuz I usually fish castaic. I decided change was good and why not! Me and a buddy didn't hit the water until 10am due to boat problems.

I didn't do as well as I expected but I can't complain either.

Launched at 10am and started trolling. Immediately Zzzz hook up. Saweet I picked the right lure. Then again, and again. 3 in the first half hour. All I was thinking was that how fun is this gonna be if its like this all day. Wrong, trolled for hours more and only landed 1 more. I was hoping we would get into some big ones and that the action would be more consistent. We had a hard time locating them after the first hour. Water temps were anywhere from 58-60 degrees. I guess I will have better luck next time. but it sure beats the big skunk. I will be going more often, so I will be back to post more.

Mikesocean
    pyramid is the place to go if u have a boat fishing isnt too good from shore in my experiences
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    pyramid is the place to go if u have a boat fishing isnt too good from shore in my experiences
    I agree, your chances are much better with a boat at Pyramid. If you're going to fish from the shore you're probably better off at Castaic. Good catch Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by reservoir dog View Post
    I agree, your chances are much better with a boat at Pyramid. If you're going to fish from the shore you're probably better off at Castaic. Good catch Mike!
    ive caught big kitties there. but not too many striper.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

nice catch, i will be there friday for the first time in a year.

Nice catch.

I think the weather has been making them finicky but that shouldn't last long.

congrats on the action....

we really need the weather to get some stability...rapidly fluxing barometric pressure and cold front night (and sometimes day) temps have pushed things back a bit...

Come on steady weather...

Things are right on top of the wall ready to push over soon...

Congrats on the catches : )

Gary

Nice job on the Mid Stripey kill!!!!

Default pyramid

Thank you all!! Ya that lake is pretty awesome! Trolling was a lot harder then I thought. It requires an extreme amount of knowledge and experience. I tip my hat off to a lot of you that have it dialed in. I bet that lake is
    Amazing to fish for stripers when things heat up.

I love to bass fish and pyramid looks like it has great spots for that too.

I hope pyramid gets those crazy boils like Castaic. Well, if it does I am even more fired up to throw my top water baits.

I will be going back Friday or Monday. I will post again. Looking forward to hear more post as well.

Til Next Blood!
    Mikesocean

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    nice catch, i will be there friday for the first time in a year.
    man work sucks. every time i plan to go fishing, we have to get a bird in the air. now i have to work friday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast