Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Legg Lake fish there are!! 4/11/11

Default Legg Lake fish there are!! 4/11/11

for anyone that goes to legg lake. got there around 4pm yesterday and was fishing PB and catfish dough but no bites there, was also walking around near the paddle boat rentals and spotted 2, count'em two bass, (looked around 2-3lbs) near the bank so i threw my salamander just infront of one and he wet for it but didnt take a full gulp never saw him after that. about an hour later some dude caught what looked to be at least a 4 pounder i couldnt reach the guy before he released it but he caught that on a dark green worm, didnt ask what kind just what color he was using. after that a different guy caught a little 8inch long baby bass which he threw back asap. i was fishing the bigger lake just off of rosemead blvd where the paddle boats are used water was very clear but the fish that were caught were all caught in the muddy brown lake that is directly south of the paddle boat lake. good luck to anyone willing to give it a try. foshow!!!

First off, it sounds like you had an exciting day at Legg and that's great. Now if you truly care for the Bass and other non-stocked fish at Legg I would advise you to not blurt out that the lake is productive or anything. I'm telling you this because a few weeks ago when the bass were spawning there was incredible pressure on the fish, and a week ago I saw several bucket fishermen fishing for bass and their gear isn't crap some of them can actually catch the LMBs there. So please if you are going to report on Legg make it more discrete so that we can protect the fishery. The lakes are making a rebound, but if you give out too much details the fish populations will suffer. Thanks.

whoa, i had no idea it was bad to catch LMB at legg lake, i thought thats what fish are for to-catch. i thought as long as you c&r its all good, dont take this the wrong way but the only care i have for LMB and most other fish are to catch just like cows are for burgers and steak and chickens are for making buffalo wings and chicken salads. isnt it like saying dont tell anyone the hummers are half off at the chevy dealers cause then everyone is going to buy them.

Lol you're not really reading my post thoroughly I never said it was bad to catch bass I just mean don't go blurting out what's productive for them. The dudes who read threads like yours will only use the tackle they read of to catch their dinner. Trust me when you see someone take a 4lb bass home you'll be pissed. One more thing I would only tell someone all this if the lake could really use the help. In the past one could see schools of 2lbrs cruising the shallows for bait, but not anymore. Just consider what I'm telling you, and best of luck to in your future legg lake outings.
    Last edited by Ifishtoolittle; 04-12-2011 at 01:44 PM.

my bad that makes sense. your right i would be pissed if someone took a bass home for dinner, eating bass to me is like eating dog, it just aint right. thanks for the knowledge, thats something i can use my whole life. good luck to you too dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Lol you're not really reading my post thoroughly I never said it was bad to catch bass I just mean don't go blurting out what's productive for them. The dudes who read threads like yours will only use the tackle they read of to catch their dinner. Trust me when you see someone take a 4lb bass home you'll be pissed. One more thing I would only tell someone all this if the lake could really use the help. In the past one could see schools of 2lbrs cruising the shallows for bait, but not anymore. Just consider what I'm telling you, and best of luck to in your future legg lake outings.
    I see your point personally im not gona stop leaving reports because poachers come out. poachers would come anyway, during this time of year it is important to cut down on the info you give so you arent just handing away lmb to poachers. but i cant say i would get mad if he take them if it is well within his right that is. But if hes halling away more than legally allowed than i would be more than a little disturbed. I dont know if its legal to keep any this time of year I know it seems every lake has a different policy for catching Lmb but, But i do know that for the places you do catch and keep them its two. If your taking more than that i would be unhappy, would i say anything no, because i know that it would be more harm than good words would either go in one ear and out the other, and theyd just ignore me, or if they take what you say personally you could start a confrontation. Its none of my buissness what law they brake and dont break. I know you didnt necessarily mention all of this stuff but im just saying.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    I see your point personally im not gona stop leaving reports because poachers come out. poachers would come anyway, during this time of year it is important to cut down on the info you give so you arent just handing away lmb to poachers. but i cant say i would get mad if he take them if it is well within his right that is. But if hes halling away more than legally allowed than i would be more than a little disturbed. I dont know if its legal to keep any this time of year I know it seems every lake has a different policy for catching Lmb but, But i do know that for the places you do catch and keep them its two. If your taking more than that i would be unhappy, would i say anything no, because i know that it would be more harm than good words would either go in one ear and out the other, and theyd just ignore me, or if they take what you say personally you could start a confrontation. Its none of my buissness what law they brake and dont break. I know you didnt necessarily mention all of this stuff but im just saying.
    Very true statement. They will come out reguardless

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    Of course people can take within what's considered legal, but a lot of people there do not, and as a result the bass population is not what it used to be. Today one can say if he caught 2-4 fish in 4 hours that's a pretty damn good day. Anyways, personally I'm not going to go out and start any confrontations over keeping bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Of course people can take within what's considered legal, but a lot of people there do not, and as a result the bass population is not what it used to be. Today one can say if he caught 2-4 fish in 4 hours that's a pretty damn good day. Anyways, personally I'm not going to go out and start any confrontations over keeping bass.
    i agree whole heartedly
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!