Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Where will you be for the Sierra opener?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Got propane yesterday for the 80,000 BTU catalytic heater. That will keep the chill off the fingers as we freeze our asses off at Intake II.

My daughter has a softball game on Thurday, so I will be under the gun to get everything ready. Not having enough time to prepare always makes the last few days fly by.
    I dont recommend that to everyone, but poor planning makes time fly by.

The worst thing is that the A/C went out of the van. STill under warranty but I dont have time to take it to the dealer. The drive through the owens valley will be warm on Friday.
    Well buddy i'll be with a friend but we'll come by and BS with you early on. Share some of the heater too if that's cool?

safe travels, and save me some fish for next weekend! good luck!

went up Friday night to Convict with the family didn't hook up until 8 or 9am after the guys to both sides of us had caught a bunch of little guys, when finally one rod goes bendo and my son reels in a 3.14 trout 6 total caught by the family.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sierras opener 2011 (3).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	30094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sierras opener 2011 (14).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	30095   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sierras opener 2011 (18).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	30096  

Quote Originally Posted by HBAR View Post
    went up Friday night to Convict with the family didn't hook up until 8 or 9am after the guys to both sides of us had caught a bunch of little guys, when finally one rod goes bendo and my son reels in a 3.14 trout 6 total caught by the family.
    Nice fish for the little guy!

very nice! Another fisherman hooked for life. Good job dad.

Thanks, ah heck he wanted to reel them all in, at one point when there was another hook up he says watch how fast I bring this one in! I didn't even have time to get the net when he had the trout on land already. He reeled in the big one on the same 7ft rod that I had caught a 10.9 pounder like 3 weeks ago, once I put the fish on the stringer and went to re-bait I realized the rod had broken at the tip 6-8 inches off the top, lets see if Diawa will do anything about it only had rod 5 months

I had a daiwa 7'6 crack on me got it at turners if u take it back to where u got it most times they will giive u a new one over the counter I didn't even need a reciept

Hmm I was thinking about that, and the funny thing is that I got my rod from turners as well! Maybe tomorrow I will try to take it back to them, if not Diawa already said just bring it in we'll give ya a new one.

Yeah I only had mine 2 months but the guys were real cool about it they had said there had been a few come back just like mine so they just handed me a brand new one. Its a great rod for the price. I just got the shimano compre so the sierras will have to break her in this year!

Took the rod back to Turners today the manager says go ahead and get another one, turns out it was 6" shorter so new rod, the 10 bucks the new cashier failed to take off the new reel, plus 6 bucks and change for the rod being shorter, heck yeah it's all good.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345