Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where will you be for the Sierra opener?

I'll be on the BPT Rez...........

What is the official date/time to get lines wet? Plan to get to Intake and Bishop creek.

Quote Originally Posted by sb fishing View Post
    I'll be on the BPT Rez...........
    Hey Mundo, say hi to Frank and Margaret Tanaka on the BPT Rez from his neighbors down the street back home

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    The past 2 years I just hung around Bishop south fork. No camping. Got a late dinner at Bishop Creek Lodge. Then hung around Intake II until legal fishing time.
    I just got back from Bishop Not as much snow as I had thought there would be. Need to get to about 8000 feet before you find real snow; Intake II was ice/snow free
    The Forks is about 90% snow free. Just a little snow in a couple camp sites.

The Opener has been crazy for me. I have to be home before 1PM on Saturday for a softball game. I will fish Intake II until 6AM then head for Orange County.
    We have switched over to Millpond to camp at now. You're more then welcome to stop by. We'll be there Friday and Saturday night. We'll probably fish Intake right at the legal time as well.

Sounds like you'll have another hardcore trip.

Well plans have changed for me and i'll be camping over at Millpond.

Been checking the weather forcast and it looks very nice for the opener. l hope it holds cuz the weather changes fast up there.

Quote Originally Posted by yztim View Post
    What is the official date/time to get lines wet? Plan to get to Intake and Bishop creek.
    In Inyo county you can fish after midnight on Friday. In Mono county it's an hour before sunrise on Saturday morning.

I'll be looking for a job...and wishing I was fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Smells like fish View Post
    Hey Mundo, say hi to Frank and Margaret Tanaka on the BPT Rez from his neighbors down the street back home
    Will do..........

I got an out of season fishing ticket last year for having lines in the water 15 mins before start time, it cost me 183 bucks, go the ticket from US Forestry not fish and game

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast