Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will you be for the Sierra opener?

Quote Originally Posted by sierraslam View Post
    You can be fined by dfg if you fish before sun rise on Opening Day, or any day during the season for that matter. I've seen lot's of guy's casting out on Opener well before day light. Not worth the fine imo.
    LOL I thought you meant a ticket to be in line. Never heard of that before in the sierras. In Inyo county however then opener begins at 12:01. I may try the Inlet at Convict but it won't be till Sunday.

I want to try b-port,6 hours away,hey but the gods counry,
    good luck to you all..

I'll be trucking up n down 395 from Lone Pine to Bridgeport and all spots in between...... gonna be busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Ill be in Bishop. I image the only thing open will be Intake II. Ice fishing on Sabrina and South may be possible. If you can get close enough to hike in.
    Where are you guys camping at this year? We were going to camp at the Forks, but I think it may still have snow, so we may be moving down to Millpond.

Team Brown Eye will be at Rush Creek, as usual, for the opener. We plan on fishing the Owens at sunrise on Friday before heading up the hill. If anyone will be in the loop for the opener, look for us at the Tiger Bar friday evening. We will be wearing our new Team Brown Eye sweaters. lol.

this will be my first opener.. .. always been there earlier and later but hope to make it a religion.

Im still reading and indulging much on what is posted past and present about how it is up there. .. as of now im choosing convict to be my choice of wetting my line.. after the sunrise and after 12:01hrs correct?

but how is Intake II, i see they stocking this week, will it be accessible?

and another NOOB question is.. is there a bag limit for Sac Perch?... not like i will catch any..hahahha but hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    Where are you guys camping at this year? We were going to camp at the Forks, but I think it may still have snow, so we may be moving down to Millpond.
    The past 2 years I just hung around Bishop south fork. No camping. Got a late dinner at Bishop Creek Lodge. Then hung around Intake II until legal fishing time.
    I just got back from Bishop Not as much snow as I had thought there would be. Need to get to about 8000 feet before you find real snow; Intake II was ice/snow free
    The Forks is about 90% snow free. Just a little snow in a couple camp sites.

The Opener has been crazy for me. I have to be home before 1PM on Saturday for a softball game. I will fish Intake II until 6AM then head for Orange County.
    Last edited by Joshua; 04-18-2011 at 12:36 PM.

I will be fishing the Owens for trout and bass on Thursday and Friday then head to June Lake to fish Gull Lake for the opener. I have missed one opener since 1976. Looked at the gull lake marina web cam and the lake is wide open..should be a good one. I too will be at the Tiger Bar on Friday night..always like to look at my near 7lb rainbow that is on the wall over the pool tables.
    shawn

Quote Originally Posted by fishtacomag View Post
    I will be fishing the Owens for trout and bass on Thursday and Friday then head to June Lake to fish Gull Lake for the opener. I have missed one opener since 1976. Looked at the gull lake marina web cam and the lake is wide open..should be a good one. I too will be at the Tiger Bar on Friday night..always like to look at my near 7lb rainbow that is on the wall over the pool tables.
    shawn
    How did I know you will be at Gull! Good luck Shawn!

Default Update

My buddy got to borrow his old boat and I got us a cabin at Virginia Creek in Bport !!!

Trolling only big lures ... hopin to get a big brownie!

Best to ya all.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast