Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will you be for the Sierra opener?

Default Where will you be for the Sierra opener?

I'm hoping to roll into Bishop around midnight Friday morning in the RV's. We are planning to catch some ZZZ's and drive up to our dry camping spot on Green Banks at Crowley Lake to meet up with the rest of our group of 50-70 friends, brothers and relatives for a good time of fishing and comraderie (No wimmins allowed.) I hope the fishing is better than last year's opener. Good luck to all the anglers that will be heading up there this year.

Ill be in Bishop. I image the only thing open will be Intake II. Ice fishing on Sabrina and South may be possible. If you can get close enough to hike in.

Convict. Walked the campground yesterday with the kids and dogs. It's almost completey free of snow. The lake has had open water for a while now. Crowley thawed last week.

I havn't missed an opener in over 20 years, but I moved my opener back two weeks because of the heavy Winter. I'm surprized to hear that June and gull are ice free as well. Maybe I better reconsider and keep the streak alive.

It's good to hear that Crowley has thawed out. I hear the lunar phase might be favorable for fishing this opener... if u believe in all that.

If all goes well drive up early Friday morning eat breakfast get campsite at french camp, then get up WAY to early and go sit in line at convict again like last year, (note to self I'm not fishing SARL, Corona, or Irvine don't throw lines in water before it's time avoid the $183 ticket)

did you get one of those early bird tickets? I know there's a lot of early birds on the back side of Convict each year. If you want a spot near the inlet at Convict you better get out there by midnight. I've done that 4-5 hour cold a** wait more than once. It's usually rewarding once you tough it out though. Good luck! Safe trip to all who head up. ( I'm really thinking about going now.)

Quote Originally Posted by sierraslam View Post
    did you get one of those early bird tickets? I know there's a lot of early birds on the back side of Convict each year. If you want a spot near the inlet at Convict you better get out there by midnight. I've done that 4-5 hour cold a** wait more than once. It's usually rewarding once you tough it out though. Good luck! Safe trip to all who head up. ( I'm really thinking about going now.)

Tickets? What are you talking about?

You can be fined by dfg if you fish before sun rise on Opening Day, or any day during the season for that matter. I've seen lot's of guy's casting out on Opener well before day light. Not worth the fine imo.

I'm hoping to fish Bport ... and hour and fifteen down the road. Did 30 years of openers at June ... too old for that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast