Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curado 300 EJ Vs Abu Revo Toro

get the curado 300e, not ej the ej will engage while casting due to the unbalanced handle.

I know someone who has a Curado, not sure of the model and it works well for him.
    I had the Abu 6600 promax for many years and then I used it in Saltwater, not good... I sent it in to a factory arthroized repair center. I got a call that they would take it in trade for my choice of either the Toro 50 or 60. I didn't know anything about them so I checked em out. Reviews were good so I popped on the 60. I could not pass up the deal. Spooled it up with 15 lb. and set it on a 7 foot rod. Once I learned how to make the adjustments to the control system I started to dial it in. I am tossing LCs as far as my friend that has an 8 foot rod and the Curado. So far I love it. I think once I get the 8 .5 foot rod I want I will be very happy, so much so I want to try it on Yellowtails. I think the 60 should handle a 25 pound yellow without to much trouble as long as there is no rocks around.

Quote Originally Posted by ToadsToadsOnly View Post
    Which one do you guys like better? I just purchased a 300 EJ and was wondering if the Toro is better what is your input on the reels guys?
    I own 2 of the 300EJ's.
    That's all I'll say.
    LW.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    I know someone who has a Curado, not sure of the model and it works well for him.
    I had the Abu 6600 promax for many years and then I used it in Saltwater, not good... I sent it in to a factory arthroized repair center. I got a call that they would take it in trade for my choice of either the Toro 50 or 60. I didn't know anything about them so I checked em out. Reviews were good so I popped on the 60. I could not pass up the deal. Spooled it up with 15 lb. and set it on a 7 foot rod. Once I learned how to make the adjustments to the control system I started to dial it in. I am tossing LCs as far as my friend that has an 8 foot rod and the Curado. So far I love it. I think once I get the 8 .5 foot rod I want I will be very happy, so much so I want to try it on Yellowtails. I think the 60 should handle a 25 pound yellow without to much trouble as long as there is no rocks around.
    What a deal !!! I like this story. The happy ending is when you eventually land that 25 lb yellow with your Toro.

Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    What a deal !!! I like this story. The happy ending is when you eventually land that 25 lb yellow with your Toro.
    Summer is coming and I will give the old college try. Should be fun.
    Tnx

a little off topic, but has anyone swapped out the handle of a curado 300ej onto a 301e reel. reason is i really like 300ej handle but they don't offer it in a lefty, that is why i have a curado 301e.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    a little off topic, but has anyone swapped out the handle of a curado 300ej onto a 301e reel. reason is i really like 300ej handle but they don't offer it in a lefty, that is why i have a curado 301e.
    The handle should be an easy swap....
    EJ drive shaft is Part # 3695.. Same on the E model, same part... Handle interchangeable..
    The 301 is Part #3862, Diff drive shaft, Im sure it is just the Left Handed Threads that make it so..
    Shaft end should be the same???????
    If you can Micrometer the Shaft End, and the Handle opening, you will know for sure...

OR????
    Call :
    Sav-On Tackle
    Satellite Service Center
    9917 Orr & Day Rd.
    Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
    (562) 864-2911

And ask if they have done this change out. They are authorized service center and would most likely know..
    Shimano Service may or may Not tell you..........????

nessie hunter

thanx for the info. will call sav-on tackle.

Chico this might be the handle you are looking for.
    About mid way down BNT4191 sounds like it would be the one you were looking for.

http://www.reeldrags.com/ShimanoHandles.html

Good luck I hope it this helps.
    Last edited by MiM; 11-14-2011 at 04:10 AM.

Toro is more durable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12