Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Hey Dad, GET THE NET"

Default "Hey Dad, GET THE NET"

I headed out real early today to one of the local lakes. After walking around and seeing a few fish up shallow but real spooky, I decided to call an audible and head to a friends private pond to see if any fish where up shallow. The fish in this pond almost always spawn LATE. Well not this year. 2 minutes after arriving I see a monster up shallow under a big log. I threw a jig in a few times and she hits. Ends up breaking me off on the log and I am pissed as this was a BIG fish probably over 7lbs. After few @%$##% and @%#$#%@ I decided to take a walk around the pond. I see 2 more bigguns up shallow and I do something I have NEVER done before. I left the fish alone. I walked back to my truck and called home and told Jr to GET DRESSED, I would be there in 10 minutes. He knew exactly why I was calling. I picked him up and we head back to the pond. We see the one that broke me off back in same spot but we skip her and head to the spot I saw the other 2. He had on his trusty bait and decided he would "go for the farther one, it looks bigger". He makes a few casts and the fish turned on his bait. 2 shakes later and he yells "Hey Dad, get the net this thing is BIG"....luckily I grabbed the net out of the garage when I went back home. He played this fish like a champ on 8lb test and after a few tense moments it was party time.

After a few picks and high 5's, we let her go and then at the same time we both said "we forgot to weigh it" I feel pretty confident saying it was over 9 for sure and 10 is a possibility BUT all I know is he is still talking about it 12 hours later. Oh yeah I caught the "other one" that was right by this one
    ]

"Only" 5.3lbs

A great day with JR and a memory for lifetime

ps- I will be heading out in morning to get my jig back !!!!!!
    Last edited by goseango; 02-20-2014 at 01:33 PM.

wow! nice job.. great job callin for the kid to get the fish...

Those are some nice fish for sure. Way to go!!!

NICE fish man!! great report!!

GD

Your son was your luck! Both of y'all did a good job,way to go going back to get him & the net.

Thanks for the kind words.....forgot I videoed the last 40 seconds of battle after I ran and got the net

CLICK ON PIC for video

Last edited by goseango; 04-04-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Awesome!I'll give him 10lbs+in a heartbeat on that one!Congrats!

You better send that photo and story in to Outdoor Life, Field and Stream, and Bassmaster. I could honestly see that as a magazine cover! Very cool! Tell your boy I said congrats! That's really an awesome bass.

sweet nice job on getting the youngster hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that is a Toad for sure he is going to talk about that fish for a long time.... Might be a hard personal best to beat for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast