Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 04 / 01 3/4-Day Moo-moo Trip Scores 9 Lings

Default 04 / 01 3/4-Day Moo-moo Trip Scores 9 Lings

Looks like some good Ling fishing Ron .
    Thanks for the report

Always a good report Ron.
    Go off Pt Fermin and line up the green cranes at Evergreen with the center of the VT bridge.
    Then head out to 175' to get sand dabs at a shallower spot. They are thick.
    Tell that to the captain. I don't think so.
    DR

PS King Harbor public hand launch opened this week.
    But the Bones Boned out.

Howdy Ron,
    Of the 4 fish caught, what type were they? Any new species?
    Funny you mentioned the Wrangler. I was looking at them the other day and wondered how they would fare.
    But at $4.69 a piece I didn't think to long. Especially since I've only used swimmies one time.
    I did buy some Big Hammers and lead heads for my next trip out to NPH for that elusive SBB..hehe
    Thanks for the report and pictures,
    Robert
    <><

Hi Newfishsmell,

Lots of Lings lost due to operator error too !! Too many folks on the boats for them in my opinion. I used to have a good shot at them too when I fished the Kalin 5inch white Moganbo with Squid strips ..... boo hoo :)

JapanRon

Hi DockRat,

That skipper actually reads these reports !! Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing the Sardine die-off was just because there were so many in a limited space ? Wonder if the other species were not affected and or have recovered their populations ?

Thanks for the always great info,

JapanRon

Hi murrieta angler,

No new species. :( But fishing 300 feet with no nothing and competing with 40 folks slingin' meat .... just no skunk is doin' good !! :)

Just two week before I saw those leadheads ...... I was given a couple of pounds of hook-rusted leadheads with good heads and hook eyes and I was thinking how I could use them. First thought was to just cut off the hook shank about an inch or less from the head and use needle nose to try to turn the hook shaft into an eyelet or at least a U. Don't think that would work as the hook shaft is too brittle ! Next thought is to cut off the shank entirely and drill a small starter hole (w/drimmel) and put in store-bought screw eyelets for attaching the hook. Also thought of just drilling a hole through the head and making spinner baits.

We are now in the age of designer leadheads and $5 a piece might seem pricey to some but ........

thanks for the reply and good luck on those swimmies !!

JapanRon
    Last edited by JapanRon; 04-03-2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Mizspelt