Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Sheriff Deputies at Pudd

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wolf View Post
    L ...after he ran all of our information he says my id is expired and has to confiscate it ! Ha ! What a freekin joke. Then he took off. Total fahreekin' harassment that's what that's called. These dudes are lame. Killed the whole mood.
    And you do know that you are required to carry valid identification, right. So why are you complaining about him doing the job he is sworn to do? Don't blame him for your failure to renew your California ID card. It's strange that I have NEVER been hassled while fishing the local lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    And you do know that you are required to carry valid identification, right. So why are you complaining about him doing the job he is sworn to do? Don't blame him for your failure to renew your California ID card. It's strange that I have NEVER been hassled while fishing the local lakes.
    Your one of the few lucky ones on this forum my friend. everyone here has been hassled at least once.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

i myself was harrased by a newer rookie a few years back.before the park officers were all fired at the pudd. they were a majority of misfits,and rude guys. 1 excample is a local was leaving the lake ,the speed limit was 15mph ,which he was going. one of the officers was tail gating him to the point ,he thought he was going to get a push.so he speeded up.the officer red lighted him, and cited him for speeding.#2 is another officer in the east shore parking lot, seeing how fast he could go backwards .i mean fast.thats why they were all fired,and now regular sherrifs deputys are now running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    If you look like a dork or a geek, you get an immunity of sorts. Alot of cops were picked on alot in school. They often target people that resemble their tormentors from grade/highschool.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    If you look like a dork or a geek, you get an immunity of sorts. Alot of cops were picked on alot in school. They often target people that resemble their tormentors from grade/highschool.
    Haha..that is the dumbest comment I've ever heard!

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    Just if your wondering i did take offense to him calling my aunt ghetto, but i figured itd be best just to let it go.

So your implying that the cops wouldnt come even if she did live in the ghetto. And you would know if there were 400 service calls pending you probably sent the other 399 of them. Oh wait but let me guess they would have shown up to your calls because they dont consider the projects ghetto anymore.
    Do you guys live in California? Do you know there is a budget problem and people are getting laid off everywhere? That includes cops. SO now where you had 15 cops handling calls for service you now have 5-6. So that makes it 10 times the work. The Deputies at the PUDD are on a contract so they are assigned to the lake only. If they are standing around not doing anything, nothing is going on at the Pudd. Don't get me wrong, I work with some douche bags as well....but that is just the nature of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    Your one of the few lucky ones on this forum my friend. everyone here has been hassled at least once.
    Not me........I've only been fishing though for 25 years.

Regarding cops...you hate them until you really need them

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wolf View Post
    Ghetto ????? what do u even consider ghetto pig ???? i bet u live in a three bed. two bath, what do u consider that, a mansion !? gimme a break ! you're just proving to everyone how much of a prick cops really can be buddy....
    Actually I live in a 5 bedroom 4 bath house though....thanks......single story too. Name calling too.....that's cute....haven't heard that before. Have a clue about the profession before you start slamming it.

I haven't read any of these posts. Don't need to. In the years I've spent here I've come to learn that they're the same opinions every time... so here's mine.

IMHO - If a guy is routinely crossing paths with law enforcement maybe that guy needs to take look at himself... maybe consider trying some different strategies for navigating the tricky land-scape of adulthood. I'm just sayin'. It's been my experience that Law officers, cops, the Po Po are like a fire extinguisher - it's ideal if you never have a reason to call on them but when you need one you REALLY need one.

If you have a problem with the performance of officers and deputies in your area, a visit to City Hall seems like it would be a more effective way of addressing the problem than picking the brains of fishermen (I mean, we're smart, but we have like, no political cred at all.) Or, you could go right to the source and apply to your local Police or Sheriffs academy.

Now, let the hate rain down...;)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast