Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with Sheriff Deputies at Pudd

I've seen those cars parked in the corner by the inlet, and they are definitely NOT from the Sheriff's department. And they obviously had a lot of empty time on their hands. I don't recall who they were, but it was a couple different agencies. They were more like Rent-a-Cops. By the way, I like cops. For those of you who don't like cops around, what do you do when there's trouble - call Ghost Busters?

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    I've seen those cars parked in the corner by the inlet, and they are definitely NOT from the Sheriff's department. And they obviously had a lot of empty time on their hands. I don't recall who they were, but it was a couple different agencies. They were more like Rent-a-Cops. By the way, I like cops. For those of you who don't like cops around, what do you do when there's trouble - call Ghost Busters?
    that's a good point vortec i will be the first to admit i don't like cops but like i said i think there a necessary evil its just sad how many power tripping megalomaniacs you have to wade threw to find a good cop who cares and wants to help.

ive never seen any security agencies there just actual sheriffs but i almost only go on weekends and haven't been there in a few months so that might be why?

It's always been a weekday when I've seen them at Puddingstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    that's a good point vortec i will be the first to admit i don't like cops but like i said i think there a necessary evil its just sad how many power tripping megalomaniacs you have to wade threw to find a good cop who cares and wants to help.

ive never seen any security agencies there just actual sheriffs but i almost only go on weekends and haven't been there in a few months so that might be why?
    I agree with this fool. like i said i respect cops, but whenever theres trouble i do have to call ghostbusters, because the cop definetly dont come haha. like this fool said its sad how many power tripping megalomaniacs you have to wade threw to find a good cop who cares and wants to help. I wont say cops have never helped me, its just i dont even need a whole hand to count how much good theyve done for me, and i need more than several hands to count how many times theyve made my situation worse or didnt come at all. And the times they have helped it wasnt even anything that serious.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

I agree with exfactor,they didnt hassel you. Look at all the A holes they have to deal with on a daily basis.Besides maybe it was a slow day for them it happens. The two in white shirts were prob the civil service,paper servers,I belive they are volunteers anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    Your entitled to your opinion bud, but why are you passing judgement on these guys. They were minding their own business, and didn't hassle you in any way. Would you have rather they reamed you for no good reason? Their job is a difficult one, and you just happened to hear some of their venting. If they weren't there, would you feel safer? I don't think so.

I will never trust a cop.

You should see all the CBP (customs border patrol) guys sitting in cars running all over the Port of LA/LB.

I working cops but there is ALOT of SLACKERS out there.

I've been seeing MORE and MORE cops on cell phones parked for long periods talking and texting.

Cops Texting while on the job, what a joke.

DR

Last edited by DockRat; 04-03-2011 at 06:25 AM.

L
    Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    Your entitled to your opinion bud, but why are you passing judgement on these guys. They were minding their own business, and didn't hassle you in any way. Would you have rather they reamed you for no good reason? Their job is a difficult one, and you just happened to hear some of their venting. If they weren't there, would you feel safer? I don't think so.
    These guys do this almost everytime I'm at pudd. All they do is sit in a corner an yak off all day,and as a matter of fact it is illegal to smoke inside of puddingstone, second I have been reamed by these guys for no good reason, first he drove past about six other anglers then drove up to the dock me and two of my buddies were fishing off of then threw the high intensity spot light on us for about five min and just left it on us, then he gets off to ask us how many poles we each had in the water and for our fishing licenses and our identification, after he ran all of our information he says my id is expired and has to confiscate it ! Ha ! What a freekin joke. Then he took off. Total fahreekin' harassment that's what that's called. These dudes are lame. Killed the whole mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wolf View Post
    L
    These guys do this almost everytime I'm at pudd. All they do is sit in a corner an yak off all day,and as a matter of fact it is illegal to smoke inside of puddingstone, second I have been reamed by these guys for no good reason, first he drove past about six other anglers then drove up to the dock me and two of my buddies were fishing off of then threw the high intensity spot light on us for about five min and just left it on us, then he gets off to ask us how many poles we each had in the water and for our fishing licenses and our identification, after he ran all of our information he says my id is expired and has to confiscate it ! Ha ! What a freekin joke. Then he took off. Total fahreekin' harassment that's what that's called. These dudes are lame. Killed the whole mood.
    did u buy a new license for this year
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

i have my fishing license, i have to get a new ca. i.d. card now.....the point is he left his spotlight on us for FIVE min straight while were freekin fishing guys, thats humiliating.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast