Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 76

Thread: Problems with Sheriff Deputies at Pudd

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    89

    Default

    there are still some good cops out there. but i'd say half of law enforcement has a tyrant , megalomaniac complex with a sprinkling of control freak. those are the ones you really have to worry about. at least they didn't harrass you without reason. i hate it when cops start saying " my job is tough , you don't know what it's like". listen genius.... you were given a radio for back up , tazer , cuffs , a baton , mace , and a gun. something might happen in that line of work. common sense tells me some crap might happen if you got all the batman gear on your belt. if you pick that job , you have no right to complain , plain and simple.
    so it's just sherriffs doing what they do best.slacking off , and not out being where and when they are needed. i'm glad you reported it.
    Last edited by snakeplissken; 04-01-2011 at 02:05 PM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quartz Hill CA
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stepchild View Post
    yes!!!! grab the popcorn,this can go on for awhile....
    pay per view without the pay
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quartz Hill CA
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I was fishing the inlet at the Pudd. I got there at about 7:30, and there were three Sheriff's cars parked with their engines running. There were three deputies, two really fat ones in white shirts, and another one in a brown uniform. One of them was smoking. I fished around there and could hear them talking loud and cussing and talking about how much they hated their jobs and hated helping people. I could smell cigarette smoke. They stayed there until about 11:30. So, for about four hours at least they just hung out in that back corner where nobody could see them goofing off and yakking. It really pissed me off, but I was afraid to make a report cause they might recognise me next time. Today I called the internal affairs department and made a complaint. The complaint number is 224057.

    I wonder if anyone else has seen this or has had other problems with the Sheriff Deputies at Puddingstone. I had only had good experiences with them before this incident, but it looked to me like they were comfortable enough goofing off like that that they probably had done it before.
    when you say really fat you have to be more specific thats describing all of them
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the water
    Posts
    790

    Default

    They're damn if they do, they're damn if they don't.................

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    La Puente
    Posts
    1,748

    Default

    i can see where your coming from man.

    these dudes get paid by our hard earned money and we have no choice but to pay them. I personally view cops as a necessary evil. The do keep rule and order (sometimes) but as for about 95% of my encounters with police, sheriffs or CHP i am just plain out right being harassed for no good reason. It dont make since to me how i can be driving in my lane with out turning changing lanes or swerving, stopping for every light and not speeding. to be pulled over with out any explanation pulled out of my car searched and sat on the curb while three more cop cars show up and have my are car searched all in the public view just to be told to get the hell out of here.

    very annoying and concerning to see how much the officers of the so called law break the very laws they are paid to enforce then to witness them stand around for 4 hours and b.s about the job they chose to do and get paid by us and say they hate helping us.

    GOOD ON YOU FOR REPORTING THERE SORRY BEHINDS. Im sure if any one of them was to witness you do a rolling stop at an empty intersection they wouldn't hesitate to write you a ticket from the sound of them they seem like the type who would enjoy ruining some ones day with a $300 ticket.

    Also from conversations with friends family members who are officers of the so called law i think the screening process, personality test and psychiatric evaluations need to be seriously beefed up and made to happen more often.

    its scary to hear a sheriff talk about how much fun it is to beat the SH&t out of people with his night stick and how he thinks its funny to kick in some ones chest when they ask why they are being stopped. Also just as scary to hear my daughters mom tell me that her sheriff boyfriend threaten to crash the car and kill them both because they had an argument.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quartz Hill CA
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    i can see where your coming from man.

    these dudes get paid by our hard earned money and we have no choice but to pay them. I personally view cops as a necessary evil. The do keep rule and order (sometimes) but as for about 95% of my encounters with police, sheriffs or CHP i am just plain out right being harassed for no good reason. It dont make since to me how i can be driving in my lane with out turning changing lanes or swerving, stopping for every light and not speeding. to be pulled over with out any explanation pulled out of my car searched and sat on the curb while three more cop cars show up and have my are car searched all in the public view just to be told to get the hell out of here.

    very annoying and concerning to see how much the officers of the so called law break the very laws they are paid to enforce then to witness them stand around for 4 hours and b.s about the job they chose to do and get paid by us and say they hate helping us.

    GOOD ON YOU FOR REPORTING THERE SORRY BEHINDS. Im sure if any one of them was to witness you do a rolling stop at an empty intersection they wouldn't hesitate to write you a ticket from the sound of them they seem like the type who would enjoy ruining some ones day with a $300 ticket.

    Also from conversations with friends family members who are officers of the so called law i think the screening process, personality test and psychiatric evaluations need to be seriously beefed up and made to happen more often.

    its scary to hear a sheriff talk about how much fun it is to beat the SH&t out of people with his night stick and how he thinks its funny to kick in some ones chest when they ask why they are being stopped. Also just as scary to hear my daughters mom tell me that her sheriff boyfriend threaten to crash the car and kill them both because they had an argument.
    WOW!!!!! um okay no bodies experiences beat what you witnessed and heard about cops. Rodney King aint got nothin on you.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Posts
    358

    Default

    The guys in the white shirts are volunteers, most of them retired and assigned to places like Puddingstone Park to have some sort of presence and they are allowed to smoke outside of the vehicles in non high traffic places. As far as the person you described in the "brown uniform" it could of been a sheriff or park ranger. Two different things there folks. I rely on the LA Co Sheriffs to protect my *** at work day in and day out. They do a great job and I have nothing for respect for them. I'm grateful for my job and most if not all public safety jobs have fringe benefits or perks. To some taking a little break during a slow period may be one of them. I sure hope that all of the information you have when reporting them to IA was accurate and that these volunteers are dealt with appropriately.......

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    4,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    Your entitled to your opinion bud, but why are you passing judgement on these guys. They were minding their own business, and didn't hassle you in any way. Would you have rather they reamed you for no good reason? Their job is a difficult one, and you just happened to hear some of their venting. If they weren't there, would you feel safer? I don't think so.
    I feel a million times safer without police. If they'd lax the damn gun laws, we wouldnt even need em. Would you pick a city full of gun-packing citizens that are allowed to carry a concealed firearm to rob?

    Police are just an excuse to abuse the general public and intimidate us. The GOOD cops always quit or get fired after putting the corrupt ones on blast.

    Criminals ignore laws. law abiding citizens don't. that's why we need more guns, less cops.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quartz Hill CA
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trout Daddy View Post
    The guys in the white shirts are volunteers, most of them retired and assigned to places like Puddingstone Park to have some sort of presence and they are allowed to smoke outside of the vehicles in non high traffic places. As far as the person you described in the "brown uniform" it could of been a sheriff or park ranger. Two different things there folks. I rely on the LA Co Sheriffs to protect my *** at work day in and day out. They do a great job and I have nothing for respect for them. I'm grateful for my job and most if not all public safety jobs have fringe benefits or perks. To some taking a little break during a slow period may be one of them. I sure hope that all of the information you have when reporting them to IA was accurate and that these volunteers are dealt with appropriately.......
    I respect cops to. I respect anyone who is supposed to uphold the law, but it sounds like your one of the rare cases where you havent been screwed over one cop or another more than a few times in your life. Some of the people here are mad because too many cops abuse there authority or pick and choose what case is sereious and what case isnt. Police i think tend to let power get to there heads, not all cops are bad but a great deal of them do more bad than good, and i know personally the police havent done much for me except hassle me and give me more problems than i needed. I still respect them because its only right, not all cops should have to pay for just what the bad ones did, even though thats how life tends to turn out alot. But hey if Police do right by you then at least somebody is getted treated right by them.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Quartz Hill, CA
    Posts
    8,306

    Default

    Sorry but the guys at pyramid do a good job,if you hadnt been inside you wouldnt know the have a wall full of screens from the cameras all around the lake the landings and other areas there sitting there watching you and you dont know it,sometimes one of the will have to to gorman or some of the areas to do there work,to help or bust people,,,,,,,,,,,

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •