Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with Sheriff Deputies at Pudd

Default Problems with Sheriff Deputies at Pudd

A couple of weeks ago I was fishing the inlet at the Pudd. I got there at about 7:30, and there were three Sheriff's cars parked with their engines running. There were three deputies, two really fat ones in white shirts, and another one in a brown uniform. One of them was smoking. I fished around there and could hear them talking loud and cussing and talking about how much they hated their jobs and hated helping people. I could smell cigarette smoke. They stayed there until about 11:30. So, for about four hours at least they just hung out in that back corner where nobody could see them goofing off and yakking. It really pissed me off, but I was afraid to make a report cause they might recognise me next time. Today I called the internal affairs department and made a complaint. The complaint number is 224057.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this or has had other problems with the Sheriff Deputies at Puddingstone. I had only had good experiences with them before this incident, but it looked to me like they were comfortable enough goofing off like that that they probably had done it before.
    Last edited by Cartman; 04-01-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Kinda like the Sheriff's at Pyramid.

During the summer, 1/2 the boaters are not following safe boating procedures and breaking laws, and they're all in their air conditioned shack near the launch ramp, drinking diet soda and eating donuts.

Welcome to the life of a unionized government worker.

My dad retired from LAUSD a few months ago, and I would hear amazing stories on how your tax payers were going to government employees practically sleeping on the job.

I doubt your complaint will go anywhere. They protect their own.

That's too bad. Goes to show that there are bad attitudes in every line of work. I'm not so sure I would be fishing that secluded area much for quites some time to come...

Your entitled to your opinion bud, but why are you passing judgement on these guys. They were minding their own business, and didn't hassle you in any way. Would you have rather they reamed you for no good reason? Their job is a difficult one, and you just happened to hear some of their venting. If they weren't there, would you feel safer? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I was fishing the inlet at the Pudd. I got there at about 7:30, and there were three Sheriff's cars parked with their engines running. There were three deputies, two really fat ones in white shirts, and another one in a brown uniform. One of them was smoking. I fished around there and could hear them talking loud and cussing and talking about how much they hated their jobs and hated helping people. I could smell cigarette smoke. They stayed there until about 11:30. So, for about four hours at least they just hung out in that back corner where nobody could see them goofing off and yakking. It really pissed me off, but I was afraid to make a report cause they might recognise me next time. Today I called the internal affairs department and made a complaint. The complaint number is 224057.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this or has had other problems with the Sheriff Deputies at Puddingstone. I had only had good experiences with them before this incident, but it looked to me like they were comfortable enough goofing off like that that they probably had done it before.

typical day of government workers right there....do nothing and us pay for them to do nothing

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    Your entitled to your opinion bud, but why are you passing judgement on these guys. They were minding their own business, and didn't hassle you in any way. Would you have rather they reamed you for no good reason? Their job is a difficult one, and you just happened to hear some of their venting. If they weren't there, would you feel safer? I don't think so.
    I think hes just frustrated because these are the guys supossed to be protecting us and there sittin around smoking cussing and causing a disturbance, when there the ones supposed to stop disturbances. it kinda erritates me too considering i see cops break laws all the time and when you need them they dont come to help. few months ago my aunts house got broken into, we called three times and the cops never came. the dispatcher said they were taking calls in the "order of importance" even though it was three o'clock at night. And just the other day i saw a cop drive up to a red light look around turn on his emergency light cross the street, then once he got to the other side he turned off his light and kept driving a normal speed. Im not saying all cops are bad, but ive had instances like these happen to me more than once or twice or even three times. its erritating to know that the people who are supposed to enforce law act like this and even break it on occasion to suit there own wants.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    I think what bothered him was the fact they stood there for about 4 hours. The cussing and venting, well who really loves there job anyway?

I say give them a break.. perhaps they were off duty or jsut came from rescuing some old lady from king kong.. who knows.. better than ticketing people for going 16mph..

Someone complaining about the cops at Puddingstone? Wow, what a shock.

yes!!!! grab the popcorn,this can go on for awhile....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast