Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pontoon Boat ?

Cool Z

Default creek co. ocd 1018

Hey Now Ron, what did you pay for your toon, the website lists it
    for $899.+ ?

After looking around, that fish cat 10 ( $550.) is not looking so good, steel frame and saltwater is a really bad mix.

Z

FISH ON !

Hey Z, my boat cost me 700.00 when I boght it. Add the seat riser, swivel, seat caddy ( with beer holder ) it ran right at 800.00. I'm really glad I bought the bigger boat. It just hauled me and three tubers across Perris no sweat. Peace Ron

Default toon

OK Ron, thanks for the info, i'm really not in the position to spend that much $$$$$ right now, i may just get the fish cat 9 for now, found a real good deal on one, little over $300. for the toon+ $350. for TM, FF & batt. =$650. that sounds better then $1,200.00+ on my CC right now. if not i'll keep looking i'm not in a hurry, just JONSEN to fish a toon.

Z

FISH ON !

How many pounds of thrust would be the minimum to power a pontoon kickboat?

O_L

Default motor

Hey Now one_leg, from all the researching I've done in the past few weeks, max. is 34-50lbs. it depends on 1 man toons length and weight loaded, from what I heard an read, it doesn't take much to push one around.

See what, Ron has to say?

Z

FISH ON !

Creek Co recomends 36 lbs thrust motor, but I think 40 would be cool. But you might need a little bigger battery.

Default got it

Hey Now Ron, bit the bullet got the ODC 1018 Inflatable Pontoon Boat, by Creek Company found a good deal. I just looked at WALMART web-site they don't have the 40lb. minn riptide anymore, sold out i guess.

Ron do you think this toon can handle a 50lb. thrust, i see its not much more $$$ ?

Z

FISH ON !

Nice choice Z, I'm sure the boat could handle the motor but I don't think you need that much. The motor is going to be bigger and heavier. Also you need to see how big the battery to run it is. The manufacturer says 36 lb and that's what I have on my boat. I would not like to have the motor and battery weigh any more than it does allready. My boat scoots along really well with this motor and when I fished with the Perris crew on sat. we hooked three tubes to it and that motor pulled 4 adults three tubes and my toon across perris in about 5 minutes. I think 50 lbs might be a little silly. That being said, you don't have to run it wide open. The weight of the motor and the neccesary battery size to run it would be my biggest concern. Congrats on the new boat. Your gonna love it. Peace Ron :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Yeah Ron i hear you, its funny i can not seem to find any info on the weight of the minn, not even there web-site. looking at them side by side the only difference seems to be their length, I'm sure the weight difference is minimal
    like you said it can be run at middle speeds and when needed, high winds, EXTRA heavy loads, hit the full throttle ! Cabela's price is a little more then Walmart, they both have a free shipping deals right now, but Cabela's doesn't charge tax, so the difference is a few cents, $70.00 more 10lb. extra thrust, HMMMMMMMMM ?

I know what Tim the tool man would say, RUF RUF RUF !

Z

FISH ON !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast