Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "CPR" a DVL Hawg on 3-29-11......

Default "CPR" a DVL Hawg on 3-29-11......

This lake is truly an unbelievable and amazing fishery. I had the chance to head out there again this week to redeem myself after farming and breaking off several big fishes from last week.

I arrived at the lake at about 7:00 AM and once I left the marina, I switched on my graph to get the most important reading of all, the water temps. which read "59.6". Fished several spots in the first half of the morning with a fair bite of small to medium size bass but nothing of any quality. Made several more runs here and there and kept monitoring the water temps and I noticed that many of the areas of the lake the temps were like almost 2 degrees cooler than one other spot that I had been fishing in the morning.

I head back over there to check it out and now the temps. are now reading "64.7" degrees. Started graphing the area to see where and how the bass were positioning themselves. Once I metered a specific potential area, I decided to position my boat and present my baits at a certain angle and 1st cast....... "BINGO". At first, I thought I just had hooked up into an average size bass because after the initial hookup, she did not fight hard until she noticed that she was hooked and the battle began. She kept peeling off line from my spool and I said to myself, "There are some submerged brush down there so I better turn her around ASAP", so I started pulling and tried to pick up as much line as I can so I can have some breathing room. After that gain of extra line, she saw my boat and got spooked and headed back to the depths and she again took almost the same amount of line from the 1st run. After about a 2 to 3 minute battle I finally got her up to the surface and boated the fish.

On this particular spot, the bigger quality fish were stacked up staging and ready to move in shallow to do their annual spawning ritual as the small "Buck Bass" (males) are waiting for them in the shallows. All in all, it was a great day of fishing especially the afternoon bite when the water temps. soar to almost 65 degrees.
    And with the warming trend that is in the forecast for the rest of the week, it will definitely be "WFO" by this coming weekend so get all your gears in top notch shape and head out there for some awesome DVL Bassin which this lake is well known for.

Here's a photo of the fish as well as the photo of the released so she can fight another day:

Tight Lines......

JW

great catch

Hey thanks for the report.

I dont go to DVL often, maybe once or twice a year, but after reading your report im ready now!

Nice Piggy JW

Great job on a beautiful DVL pig!

Nice looking fish.......

Quote Originally Posted by CL SmooV View Post
    Hey thanks for the report.

I dont go to DVL often, maybe once or twice a year, but after reading your report im ready now!

Nice Piggy JW
    Its my pleasure as this is a fishing report site and by the way "SmooV", the greenies are also ready for you.

Also, thanks for the comments guys.

I'll be fishing DVL friday,sure nice to see post like yours,congrats!

That's a frickin "toad!" Good job man, good to see your reports again!

Damn thats a fatty!!! Good job gettin on em!!!

How deep where you fishing and how much did it weigh (lbs)? Great chat and wonderful pictures! That is a massive Bass!

Bent Rods For Life,
    Rapala17

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast