Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SARL 3-28-11...10th skunk in a row...Must read for SMOKERS!

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    (see marley, I remember what you post, lol) Marley posted something about this a LONG time ago, and since I have heard the same thing from other peeps....so im sure theres truth to it

as long as you cover the bait/lure in a scent..ull be fine...i aint dipping my fingers in bite on! lol..i dont want to catch a trout that bad....

GD
    Thanks, GD! It's really true about the smoking; the fish can smell that and if you think stockers are alerted to the smell, wait until you try for something wild. NOTHING will bite an ashtray. And I agree with the slathering o' the hands (I draw the line well short of wearing garlic oil for days!), although I will say that years ago there was a hugely sucessful angler at SARL who would rinse his hands in rubbing alcohol and then in the lake's water before he would touch a bait. Never left a scent on a bait and usually had big fish.
    Surfnsnowboard3 is right! There were a lot of us who offered tips and critiques of style for the cost of a post on your techniques and we did not get one. Might I also suggest something else going on, as one of your other posts (on another FNN board) said you had been to Castaic, et. al. 8 times for one fish and were lamenting that fact, as well.
    All that being said, you cannot approach SARL with the attitude that they're stocked fish swimming in a mudhole that used to be a sand pit. They ARE stocked into an old sand pit that truly is pretty much devoid of structure (there are "secret spots"), but they are the exact same fish that you will find in Cachuma, Corona, Laguna Niguel, San Pablo, Chabot, Buena Vista, and yes, Diamond Valley. And they will react to your presentation in much the same manner as fish in those other lakes.
    BTW, you're still welcome to post up your technique. I know I would reply with a tip or two.
    Last edited by Marley; 03-29-2011 at 08:49 PM.

smoking might have an affect but never stopped me from catching fish... and no I rather not have my hands smell like garlic the whole week.

the smoking thing iz true. one of the owners told me that thats the reason alot of ppl dont catch. cigarette and campfire smoke both stink up your hands and the trout can smell it. so i wood put on a glove might look dumb but it jus might do the trick. also u shood get powerbait or gulp that has garlic already in it.

I disagree with you all. How do you guys "know the smoking thing is true." What's your proof? Trout primarily hunt via sight, not smell. Unless you guys are doing experiments at home to "prove" this, we will never know. Sounds like superstition to me.

well think about it 10 skunks in a row. wen i first started trout fishing i didnt know much and i still caught them. and 2 top it off i didnt go to the good spots on the lake. know i catch more trout. dont get me wrong but SARL iz a weird place sumtimes. ive gone and not caught anything. but out of 10 times that i go i might not catch anything like mayb 3 times. not in a row. over all.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc89 View Post
    well think about it 10 skunks in a row. wen i first started trout fishing i didnt know much and i still caught them. and 2 top it off i didnt go to the good spots on the lake. know i catch more trout. dont get me wrong but SARL iz a weird place sumtimes. ive gone and not caught anything. but out of 10 times that i go i might not catch anything like mayb 3 times. not in a row. over all.
    As I said in my previous post, his 10 skunks in a row gas NOTHING to do with cigarette smoke. It has to do with him doing something wrong. We tried to help him, but he won't let us.

wut r his set ups?

Quote Originally Posted by mjc89 View Post
    wut r his set ups?
    He won't answer the question. We've asked numerous times on this and his other posts.

o ya. hmmm. he might have the wrong set up then

maybe you are not good at fishing

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast