Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Awesome Day at DVL 3-23-11

Default Awesome Day at DVL 3-23-11

My friend from up north came back down to SoCal during spring break and he had been dying to fish DVL. So last week we reserved a boat for Wednesday, we just hoped it would pour down rain on us. Me, him and my little brother got there about 5:30 and was surprised to see we were 2nd in line. We got out to the lake and a 2nd cast I hook up with a nice 2 1/2 lber. Then once we move spots my friend throws onto this point and gets slammed, sets the hook and he's on with 4lb-14oz bass. I net it for him and we are stoked. A few minutes later my little brother hooks in two a nice bass and its definitely a personal best for him. Then literally next cast I throw out and catch the dink of the bunch on a carolina rig. Haha We changed spots to the other side of the lake and try to find some beds and catch a few keepers here and there. By about 1 o'clock a storm starts coming in and the water starts to white cap and it begins to sprinkle on us. We decided to find the best looking point and just anchor up on it, we were getting tossed around in that rental. In the last 2 hours of or trip the bite really turns on. My friend gets a nice 3lber on a 9in worm, and also got a 3 1/2lber a little bit later. MY biggest fish of the day came from this spot. It seemed like they were eating bigger baits so I threw on a fat 6in senko (drop shot weedless) and within a slow 5 min cast, I feel a huge pressure bite....I set the hook and im on. I knew this was a good fish and I had 6lb test on so I had to steer the fish outta the trees without snapping of. It was a fun fight and definitely my personal best bass...a nice 5lb bass . Its about time DVL showed me what she has to offer.

1. Friends 4lber
    2. Little Bro
    3. 1st 3lber
    4. 1st 3lber again
    5. My 5lber
    6. Another 3lber
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	29188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	29187Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	29186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	29185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	29184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	29183

Nicely done! Good day on the water for sure.....even with the bad weather!

Great job fellas, thanks for sharing.

good job guys. i thought i saw you guys out there yesterday. about 1:30 or so you motored by me near the south west side of the lake.

great day.

Nice feeeesh eric.. should have gotten that scale pic for BABA lol

That was an awesome day!

It definitely felt good hooking up on some of those bigger DVL fish.

7. Default

Wow, nice work. Great photos!

Ya I think around 1:30 we were cruising trying to find a calm cove but had no luck so we shot across to the other side.

@steve, I have a scale pic just didnt post it.