Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swimbait Rod Question

I would say save your money to be honest, all rods aren't created equally..

You can also check out the Shimano Crucial Swimbait rods. The model I would probably use would be CRCS711H. You can google that and see what it is all about. It sells for around $169.00 more in the range you listed. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAgent View Post
    You can also check out the Shimano Crucial Swimbait rods. The model I would probably use would be CRCS711H. You can google that and see what it is all about. It sells for around $169.00 more in the range you listed. Good luck.
    I have all cruicals and never had a problem with any of them. I'd love to have G-loomis as well but they are way too pricey. Go by a Crucial......I see a lot of guys selling them on here for around 100 bucks if you don't want a new one. For what you asked, the 7'11 Crucial heavy would do the trick. I would much rather have a top of the line reel then rod. Go buy the Crucial, then save your money for a Curado......

You can't beat the Okuma Guide Series Big Bait Rod 7'11" Heavy. It's within the price range you're looking for. It's perfect for throwing the 6" swimbaits. I own one and would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a quality swimbait rod to throw 6" swimbaits. http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Okuma...ge-OGSBBR.html

i bought the skeet reese rod the flippin/pitchin version thats 8' Medium fast action and rated up to 2 ounces. picked it up for 49$ so im not complaining on that one.

I say get a used crucial swimbait rod for around $100, if you break it, take it back to Shimano in Irvine and swap it out for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MindBendo View Post
    You can't beat the Okuma Guide Series Big Bait Rod 7'11" Heavy. It's within the price range you're looking for. It's perfect for throwing the 6" swimbaits. I own one and would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a quality swimbait rod to throw 6" swimbaits. http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Okuma...ge-OGSBBR.html
    agree, heard nothing but good stuff about this swimbait rod for the cost.

I have an Okuma Guide Series Swimbait Rod. Mine is extra heavy, telescopic. I love it, it takes the strain off of my banged up shoulder throwing 9" to 14" baits.

I think you would like the heavy action for the 6" baits.

You guys are awesome! I'm ordering the crucial right now. Recommendations for relatively inexpensive/still good reels for this rod? I already got the idea for Curado. Anything else?

Good choice thats what i have been using the last 3 years the crucial swimbait (H). For throwing producer plugs, hudds, triple trouts and on and on. with a 400te & curado 300 No problems as of today caught lots of fish on that set up...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast