Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how is eldo?

Default how is eldo?

how is the bite at eldo? Thinking about heading out there saturday

Been slow as of late on the bass, not sure on other species.

oh okay...guess it hasnt heated up yet for eldo...anyone know about the bluegills?

I went last week and there was an easy 20 bass fishermen.. I just walked around the lake and went home.. The water is red on the back but I did see some bass get taken out and I seen two dead ones too.. Good luck if you go

I've been working on El Dorado for the past few weeks every couple days.

I have not seen any bedding fish YET. Although others have stated they have.

Catch rate is low... hit and miss. I've had to go threw an entire arsenal of techniques and baits before I've got one to hit and each and every day has been different.

whats with the red water? which lake?

I go a couple of times a week ... storms and runoff have stained the lakes badly. Only success I've seen has been with fire-tiger raps, and noisy crankbaits due to the stained water. Have seen no fish on the usual beds, they may be deeper, or confused with the weather. Most weekdays I've seen a dozen or more guys fishing the back two lakes pretty thoroughly. The only action that has been predictable is a couple of days after a trout plant, the larger bass are more active, but not easily caught. Rumors of a fish die-off last summer due to no aeration may be more fact than fiction ... we'll know soon if they don't bed in the usual places.

Quote Originally Posted by heydaad View Post
    I go a couple of times a week ... storms and runoff have stained the lakes badly. Only success I've seen has been with fire-tiger raps, and noisy crankbaits due to the stained water. Have seen no fish on the usual beds, they may be deeper, or confused with the weather. Most weekdays I've seen a dozen or more guys fishing the back two lakes pretty thoroughly. The only action that has been predictable is a couple of days after a trout plant, the larger bass are more active, but not easily caught. Rumors of a fish die-off last summer due to no aeration may be more fact than fiction ... we'll know soon if they don't bed in the usual places.
    I went on thurs. fished the main lake and couldnt catch anything. So i decided to hit up the back lake and within a few cast a started to get little nibbles but they just wouldnt eat. I was working texas rigged worms dragging on the bottom VERY slow. Went home skunked!!

actually the crappie or bluegill (whichever one is in their) are pushed up right along the shore behind the sticks to the left of the ranger station(behind the lil building between the 2nd and 3rd lake by the bridge). Saw some little kids literally just pulling em out with one of those little ice fishing looking poles. (i seen em pull like literally 20 of em in 10 mins)

Quote Originally Posted by HA420 View Post
    actually the crappie or bluegill (whichever one is in their) are pushed up right along the shore behind the sticks to the left of the ranger station(behind the lil building between the 2nd and 3rd lake by the bridge). Saw some little kids literally just pulling em out with one of those little ice fishing looking poles. (i seen em pull like literally 20 of em in 10 mins)
    is that recent? is the 2nd lake the peddle boat lake? Do u mean the bridge next to the canal thing or the one behind all the tules? Do u have a diagram of which lake is which lol? Ive been erading of #2 #3 but ive never known which was which

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast