Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to cook Crappie

Default Best way to cook Crappie

Just wondering since i'm planning on fishing Crappie alot this season. What are some good ways on cooking them? Post some pix if you have any of your dish. Thanks guys.

Best way to cook Crappie is to filet them (U need a bunch, filets are small). I dip them in flour, then egg wash, then Japanese Panko mix (U can buy at local supermarket), toss em in hot oil until golden brown, take out and put them on a paper towel to absolve any oil. Then SCARF EM DOWN. They are my favorite pan-fish to eat.

i did another "ghetto dad" recipe aaron on rockfish and sculpin..it was BOMB everyone loved it at Fish Taco night!

grind up SOUR CREAM AND ONION PRINGLES into flour...make sure Pringles are smashed pretty good....mix together until you can smell the chips pretty well, lol

dip filets in egg....then coat...toss them in oil and fry

yum

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    i did another "ghetto dad" recipe aaron on rockfish and sculpin..it was BOMB everyone loved it at Fish Taco night!

grind up SOUR CREAM AND ONION PRINGLES into flour...make sure Pringles are smashed pretty good....mix together until you can smell the chips pretty well, lol

yum
    Sounds bomb! You're one ghetto dad... HAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor.Chilax View Post
    Sounds bomb! You're one ghetto dad... HAHAHA!

lmfao yeah man..stuff like that is kinda where my name started...i used to get pms from people on here thinking I thougth i was a gang leader hard core ese crip blood or something..lmao....

try it man..with any fish you fry...its really good....my daughter LOVES it lol

yum
    ive tried something like that with different kinds of chips. you should try it with salt and vinegar flavor.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

i like it simple

s squeeze of lime a dash of season salt and then fry them in olive oil unitll they are just a lil past golden brown

put in a tortilla with some quesso fresco some sour cream some cilantro give another squeeze of lime and a splash of Tapatio

and you got your self some of the best fish tacos you ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    i like it simple

s squeeze of lime a dash of season salt and then fry them in olive oil unitll they are just a lil past golden brown

put in a tortilla with some quesso fresco some sour cream some cilantro give another squeeze of lime and a splash of Tapatio

and you got your self some of the best fish tacos you ever had.
    This is what I'm talking about! Hell yeah.

lmfao yeah man..stuff like that is kinda where my name started...i used to get pms from people on here thinking I thougth i was a gang leader hard core ese crip blood or something..lmao....

try it man..with any fish you fry...its really good....my daughter LOVES it lol
    You are aren't you Brotha. lol

Another quickie is dip into egg and then coat with instant mashed potatoes before hitting the hot oil, hard to mess up crappie....awesome eating fish, but not as good as lmb! (JUST KIDDING!!!!!!)

TD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast