Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: "Rain or Shine", Toad Bass are hitting @ DVL ....... 3-22-11.

Default "Rain or Shine", Toad Bass are hitting @ DVL ....... 3-22-11.

Made a trip out to the Diamond today because I found out that no boats are allowed to launch at the "PUDD" due to high water levels from the heavy rains and basically its unsafe to launch. Anyhow, got a late start because of the stupid rain coming down in Winchester and Hemet and I had to keep water out of my dry bilge area in my boat. Head over to a gas station for some cover until the rains died down and made my trek up the hill to get my boat inspected.

Finally was able to launch and get my boat on the water by 10:00 AM. Metered a couple of spots not knowing what to expect because I haven't been here since last September for them Stripers. On both spots, I metered all kinds of fish and right now there is basically all kinds of life and activity showing up at all levels of the water column....... just unbelievable.

Luckily for me, I ended up finding a pattern that the fish were on within the first 10 minutes and the bite was on for the rest of the day. I fished mostly plastics today with the occasional reaction baits and caught approx. 2 dozen bass and farmed or had break offs of about another dozen or so.

Here is a picture that I took of the (2) largest bass of the day. 1 weighed 7 1/2 lbs and the other weighed 5 1/2 lbs:

Tight Lines......

JW

good fish man. bites been good.

very nice!

Nice fish and way to go on finding the fish and not being to the lake in so long.