Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2nd trip at the Vine=tragedy 3-20-11

Here's the boat the day I bought it. Since then, I carpeted the floor and seats. Picture all the weight in the back ie 3 commercial batteries right along the transom, only thing up by the bow was the tackle bag and cooler. I agree with Dixon, I really should have gone in before the last drift but you know how it is, pick up another couple before it starts raining, etc...

I was out the day before on saturday and it got windy with rain. I watched the lake patrol boat struggle to get around the lake at it was trying to warn boaters to be careful, the only boats I saw out there still was myself and one pontoon boat. As far as bilge pumps go, a sportboat captain once joked to me that "nothing bails out a sinking boat faster than three scared men with five gallon buckets".
    Last edited by TZ1; 04-03-2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: accuracy

Thats a burn but good thing you are a ok!! It sank like a rock cause of all the wieght in the back from the commercial batteries maybe next time just take one good one and use the gas engine. I have a 14 Gregor Welded hulls foam filled bench seats no trailer 300 let me know if your intrested.
    Last edited by BIGRED KILLA; 04-03-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678