Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd trip at the Vine=tragedy 3-20-11

Wow! What a story to be able to tell. Glad you made it out Ok. Sorry about the loss of gear and boat. What a complete bummer. When the wind kicks up at the Vine it can be brutal. I fish from a kayak and have had several what am I doing out here moments but not like yours! Hope to see you on the water soon.

You know what...imma say whats really on my mind......
    Irvine Lake was wrong for not stopping people from lauching their boats
    during a massive spring storm,of the year! But they can block off the road to trout Island and the flats to prevent cars
    from being stuck in the mud,but I guess its ok for boats being stuck at the bottom of the Dam....smmfh

Was it windy when he launched?

Ohh come on now Hitts you're being alittle too harsh. We all know that the wind at the Vine can pick up rather quickly and conditions can deteriorate pretty rapidly. I've been out there on several occasions where they wouldnt let us launch due to weather conditions. Im not putting the blame on anyone here but you gotta be ready for anything to happen. If you're out in ruff conditions you gotta have you're anchors ready to deploy just incase your engine cuts out and you def gotta have paddles. Also any lake I use my boat I always make sure I have their phone # saved in my phone. The main thing here is the dude's OK!

TS

That's totally nuts. I'm glad they're watching for the boat to float instead of watching for you to float. The boat I was in took a couple of waves over the side in last year's Masters derby but we were lucky and just got drenched.
    Thank God you're safe!

the best thing about this report is the fact that YOU wrote it. and not a newspaper indicating you drowned.

happy you made it to shore safe. as for your stuff, sucks that you lost it all, but now you a damn good reason to go tackle shoping.

A 3.5 isn't exactly a powerful engine for when the wind blows. Easy for stuff to go wrong there. And if this ever happens again (not wishing it) Drop the hook in! Would have had a different ending if you had.

man that is some crazy ish bro glad you made it out alive, material items can always be replaced lives cant, if i were you and that woulda happend to me the minute i made it to shore i woulda been on my knees thanking the lord for my life and thats real talk.

You've got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just think, most of us get upset about takin' the old stinky "skunk" ... sure puts things into perspective!
    Thank God it turned out well for you personally/physically! That good ol' personal flotation device floated up to you, whew!!
    Sorry 'bout all the stuff you lost, but that can all be replaced! Really sorry to hear about your experience, I'm sure you'll recover ... Just have faith!

Tom
    over and out

Pm me and I will give you a rod and real. sorry about your loss.
    Bob

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast