Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd trip at the Vine=tragedy 3-20-11

Like others have said, I am glad you made it to the shore safely. Just a reminder to all of us that all bodies of water are dangerous in bad weather. All that stuff can be replaced, you can't.

Suprised no one saw what happened or saw you in the water or anything. Lake must have been empty. That sux for sure! I got an extra trolling motor and marine battery you can barrow indef. LMK if your interested....

TS

WOW! That has to be the craziest fishing story I've ever heard. Thank god you're ok.

You said that you have a new fish finder on your boat. Did you happen to notice how deep the water was just before you sank. If it is in less than 60 feet, it may be possible to salvage your hull with an underwater camera and a hook. I don't know if the lake would allow a diver.

When things go wrong on the water it's usually more than one event, in your case both motors going out and when things start to happen they happen FAST! Glad you made it out of that mess, it could of been way worse...

My condolences and best wishes. Glad you made it ... but still it is a significant loss, too.

FWIW ... I'll chip in

Damn...lucky you got out of that mess okay. Hopefully they can salvage the boat or at least something. good luck.

Hey Jag,

I'm glad you're alive! Irvine is a great lake and when you're ready to go back, I would like to pay for your gate ticket. You can PM me any time and let me know when you would like to go and I'll make sure you're taking care of.

Fish on!

Jake/zzzfish

Man that is just plain NUTS!! Amazing that your cell phone still worked, and im glad that you are still around to post that story. Keep your head up on the lost gear... you will get it back all in due time.

Great story! Play by play detail! I felt like I was there,or watching it on TV! You made it out,thats all that matters! Like everyone else said,all that can be replaced! Well....the Lake shouldnt have let anyone on the water in first place.I bet they wont do it again.If you would have died,it would have been all kinds of drama for the next 5 years.The Lakes over here by my house were all closed to boats.Well,at least thats what I heard.True or false man,lesson learned.Check the weather reports before hitting the waters event if it says 80 degrees all week.Its good to know,you can see that lake once again ! Hope to meet u soon at Irvine! Check us out on the 23rd of next month!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast