Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: whats the best fins out there to buy

Thank you all for your help. I just finish getting off the phone with Ron the guy that won the float tube show-off and also won the hot spot fins. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow morning for $50. Now I can't wait to go fishing on Friday at Corona Lake.

Default Flipfins.com

Go to flipfins.com they have some nifty float tube fins that fold up when your not in the water. Allowing you to walk forward with ease. They are a bit pricey but consider it a great investment.

Hi sns,

Yes, I think we were talking about fins. I'm not sure if you were the guy that said he just ordered a pair of fin savers?

Where do you tube besides SARL?

A word to the wise, you can buy small diameter bungie cord at Sport Chalet to make your own fin savers. I used to have a pair that I bought to use with Force Fins but I didn't like to velcro that can come loose when you least expect it.

FT

You will love the hotspots. I have had three different pairs and by far hotspots are comfortable, great on force and they float. Enjoy float tubing I do...

Quote Originally Posted by fishtales View Post
    Hi sns,

Yes, I think we were talking about fins. I'm not sure if you were the guy that said he just ordered a pair of fin savers?

Where do you tube besides SARL?

A word to the wise, you can buy small diameter bungie cord at Sport Chalet to make your own fin savers. I used to have a pair that I bought to use with Force Fins but I didn't like to velcro that can come loose when you least expect it.

FT
    Yep thats me. I am just getting started with tubing but I plan to try wherever I can. Thinking of going to Irvine or Corona this Saturday.

FORCE FINS ,I TRIED THREE DIFFERENT KINDS FROM FRIENDS THEY MOVED ME AND MY FAT-CAT TUBE AROUND REAL NICE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hello Everyone. I figured I should chime in and add my 2 cents since I currently own a pair of Hot Spots and have previously owned a pair of Force Fins. The bottom line is....You can't go wrong with either! They're both excellent fins for tubing! There are pros and cons to both...

HOT SPOTS :
    * Much cheaper than a brand new pair of force fins
    * Very comfortable because of the softer material
    * Easy on the knees
    * Excellent propulsion
    * Advertised that they Float (Even though mine doesn't!) I don't care what anyone says. Maybe my pair is defective or something
    * Harder to walk with when getting in and out of your tube
    * I haven't actually weighed the two kinds but my hot spots seem a lot heavier out of the water

FORCE FINS:
    * About twice the price of a pair of Hot Spots
    * Comfortable
    * Easy on the knees
    * Excellent propulsion on both the downward and upward kicks (Probably a little better than the Hotspots)
    * Doesn't Float
    * Easier to walk with when getting in and out of your tube
    * Looks cool and unique=)

Hi Riverwalker,

Thanks for letting us know the Hot Spots don't float. I'm going to test mine out in a pool. That's important to know.

FT

Hey fishtales,

I remember a while back there was a discussion about whether or not the hot spots float or not. Some people swore that they did. Maybe theirs did but mine sure don't. I also have a buddy who also owns a pair too and his doesn't float either. Either way. They're really good fins for tubing.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by fishtales View Post
    Hi Riverwalker,

Thanks for letting us know the Hot Spots don't float. I'm going to test mine out in a pool. That's important to know.

FT

I sure wouldn't be happy if one came off and went to the bottom.

FT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast