Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: whats the best fins out there to buy

Where can you get Hot Spot fins? Thanks

Hey Kelster,

Many of the Turners in OC carry them. I got mine at the Fountain Valley location. You should call ahead of time just in case because not all of locations carry them. I tried the Turners in Torrance and Signal Hill before finally finding them in fountain Valley. I heard that the guy who produces them lives in the Riverside or OC area so he supplies to the locations close to him. I could be wrong though. Good luck!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Kelster View Post
    Where can you get Hot Spot fins? Thanks

In my opinion, Hot Spot fins aren't omfortable at all! I've been float tubing for awhile now and have been using these fins for some time. I found that they are hard on the toes and I often get cramps in my feet. I also have a pair of Hot Spots that don't sink. I lost one in Newport bay and was able to get it back with swift hands and shallow waters. Lol I have to admit that I have never tried any other fins so... What I will say is that the hot spots do have good thrust.

I've used and owned both hotspots and forcefins. Forcefins win the battle when it comes to comfort for me. I can have them on all day, kick nearly the whole time, and my joints don't kill me at the end of the day. The same is not true for the hotspots. The hotspots do have excellent propulsion, but they require twice the effort that force fins require. If you want a work out when your tubing, then by all means buy the hotspots ;)

The first time I used my forcefins I remeber thinking, it's just like walking backwards, barely any effort involved...

FORCE FINS WINNER HANDS DOWN...

Caddis---yeah right! I'm sure hotspots and force fins are both way better than what I use but my wallet isn't fat enough for them. I found mine-u.s. divers snorkel fins at a thrift store sized 10-14 and the work just fine for me.

Thats what im talking about

Amen! Used my US Diver without any problem. I'm an avid snorkler too..Why kill your wallet when something is just as good out there, such as the good pair of $60 US Diver's split fins.

All these quality fins you guys are talking about, are they over the boot fins? I have stocking foot waders and I wear wading boots over them. Can I get Hotspots or Force fins to wear with these boots? When you take off your fins to walk on shore, you have to have something on your feet to keep from getting holes in your waders.

I have Hodgman neoprene wader that also has the wader stocking. I simply slip on a pair of $9 Walmart size 11 sandals, waltz to the edge of the water, slide my sandals onto my tube using a quick release lash strip, and voila. Slip the Diver's fins on over the wader stocking, and off I go. No hole in the sole of the wader.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    All these quality fins you guys are talking about, are they over the boot fins? I have stocking foot waders and I wear wading boots over them. Can I get Hotspots or Force fins to wear with these boots? When you take off your fins to walk on shore, you have to have something on your feet to keep from getting holes in your waders.
    I have Hodgman neoprene wader that also has the wader stocking, Force Fins ($59 @ Sports Chalet) and I bought some World Wide Sportsman® Flats Boots for Men from BSP to protect the waders.The fins are adjustable and fit over the boots. Simple sandals would work also to protect your waders.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123