Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whats the best fins out there to buy

Default whats the best fins out there to buy

I lost one of my fins at the SARL tournament during the float tube race. They were the turbo thrust from bass pro and I found out they don't float. So now I'am looking to buy some new fins. Any suggestions guys?

That sucks man. I think I saw you kicking by me with one fin on later in the day.

From what I've heard the Hot Spots are the best ones.

Force Fins hands down. Hot spots are also very good.

I have Hot spots! and I love them.

Force Fins hands down. There is a reason the navy seals use them. Designed to give thrust on the up and down kick.

I would disagree (in a friendly way).....

You are not a Navy Seal..

Tubing has a lot do do with comfort.. Not only are the Hot Spots as fast as Force Fins, but soft & comfy all day long!!
    And they float!!!! this also gives them a bouncy that feels like they are not even there!!

My vote - Hands Down.. Hot Spots !!!

Sorry about your fin. I was the gal in the race and I think you were right in front of me when it happened. Bummer!

I've had Force Fins and found them to be very uncomfortable. BTW, Force Fins don't float either. Very expensive if you lose one. I just bought a pair of Hot Spots and love them. However, they're over $$$80 bucks with tax.

If you're interested, I have a pair of dive fins but never used them. They are Mares Plana-Advanti. I made a leash for them (very inexpensive to make) as they do not float. There are a lot of float tubers that swear by these fins.

I've got them listed on the Fishingnetwork for-sale board with picture and in Craigslist. Price: $30

FT

Hey fishtales! I was the guy you talked to at SARL with the ODC 420 tube like yours. As a matter of fact I think we talked about fins while we were out there.

must44, I have the Mares Plana-Advanti fins and they seem to work ok for me. Although I dont have experience with any other ones.

I have a brand new pair of turbo thrust for $40.

Wish I could find the turbo thrust fins I was keeping as a spare. If I happen to find them and you are close to Riverside, I'll let you have them. Anyway, as for fins, I'm using a pair of Mares Plana Avanti X3 dive fins and love them because they have plenty of thrust. I've heard quite a lot about Force Fins, but they are expensive. A lot of people here also rave about Hot Spots. I know Bassguy uses them and he seems to move quite effortlessly. Maybe he'll chime in and give you more info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast