Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my drag won't tighten up?!?!

Default my drag won't tighten up?!?!

i just got a shimano callisto baitcaster. i was spooling up with line and realize that the drag is too light.. i tighted the drag to the max and i pulled on the string and it just came out easily. i have own a baitcaster before but it wasn't like this.. is it a manufacture mistakes? or is there a trick i need to know?

Well If its bran new then its manufacture.

is there anyway i can fix it myself? i don't want to go and return it.. too lazy ... if it's an easy i don't mind opening it up and fix it a lil bit

are you using braided line? soemtimes it slips on the spool and seams like the drag is loose

or as my brilliant buddy did, he was spinning the drag in the opposite direction....?

Quote Originally Posted by youngfish View Post
    are you using braided line? soemtimes it slips on the spool and seams like the drag is loose
    hey you're right maybe thats the problem becauser i was using braided line. ill spooled it up right now with mono topshot and we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    or as my brilliant buddy did, he was spinning the drag in the opposite direction....?
    hahahaha thats funny.. i know how to use the drag setup.. but haha that was good man.. thanks all for the help!! it was quick and helpful!

if you wanna go back to braid, start off with mono a few rounds then surgeon knot your braid onto it.

this will take that slip away

Default Clean the drag.

Take your handle off and remove the drag washers. Clean the drag washers with WD 40 and dry very thoroughly. Now just put a VERY small amout of reel oil on the washers. That should solve your problem.

WD40 and oil on the drag washers??? *SMH*

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast