Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: my drag won't tighten up?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by BassFreak View Post
    Hahahahaa.. Best thread ever!!

I leave the usage of the straw to your discretion.. I do suggest warming up the can in your armpit beforehand as that spray can be quite cold..
    Can?

I'm using the jug.

Sure stopped the squeeking. Thanks for all the advice!

Crisco works better on ure drags then WD40 or reg oil..lmao

dont ever "oil" your drags..ever

good luck with ure reel problem brother

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Crisco works better on ure drags then WD40 or reg oil..lmao
    How about Manteca Rex?

Works great for my frijoles.

lmfao DS....the reason I said Crisco (quick story) is my friend a couple years back had a Jigmaster and he called me and said it was "frozen" and that he couldnt turn the handle or anything. I told him to bring it to me I would take a look....i opened up the reel, which was VERY difficult, and saw this nasty, hard white crap FILLED ( i mean EVERY part of his internals had it) with it..i asked him "WTF is this???" he replied, in his Greek accent, "its Creesco" i laughed for about 30 mintues straight, called him an idiot, and cleaned out that reel, which took FOREVER...

ps it was that crisco white lard crap...lol

Although a common practice, it's not a good idea to spray WD-40 on reels. "WD-40 is a penetrating oil that gets inside the reel and breaks down grease, which leads to premature failure of gears and drag washers,"...From Shimanos people.Funny this thread turned into this.I have seen this happen to my friends reel that after he used it in salt he would just lubricate it with WD it worked for a few trips after a while it died.

Quote Originally Posted by wackyrigged View Post
    Although a common practice, it's not a good idea to spray WD-40 on reels. "WD-40 is a penetrating oil that gets inside the reel and breaks down grease, which leads to premature failure of gears and drag washers,"...From Shimanos people.Funny this thread turned into this.I have seen this happen to my friends reel that after he used it in salt he would just lubricate it with WD it worked for a few trips after a while it died.
    That's why you use Manteca Rex.

And when you get a fish that burns some drag, it'll smell like King Torta while you're fighting the fish.

Yummy...I would hope to land him after that cause I would be hungry from the smell and probably grill em up on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    lmfao DS....the reason I said Crisco (quick story) is my friend a couple years back had a Jigmaster and he called me and said it was "frozen" and that he couldnt turn the handle or anything. I told him to bring it to me I would take a look....i opened up the reel, which was VERY difficult, and saw this nasty, hard white crap FILLED ( i mean EVERY part of his internals had it) with it..i asked him "WTF is this???" he replied, in his Greek accent, "its Creesco" i laughed for about 30 mintues straight, called him an idiot, and cleaned out that reel, which took FOREVER...

ps it was that crisco white lard crap...lol
    LOL

You could have just thrown it on the grill. The Crisco would run right out.

Bacon grease tastes better!

damn i didn't know my post got popular after 2 days without checking it.. well btw thanks all... the problem is solved.. it was the braided line slip out.. i spooled 50 yards of fluo line and now it is fine.. thanks al!!!

wrap electrical tape on the spool before u feel your reel up with braid...gives it something to grab on to

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234