Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 3/18/2011 Crab Hopping

Default 3/18/2011 Crab Hopping

Hey guys well heres my first report so this Friday night i drove down to Cabrillo Beach to try my hands at some crabbing for the first time ever. The night was good the temp was fairly fresh and the moon light was amazing so anyways i used a Promar Eclipse hoop net with a combo of squid and some chicken for bait . Well the crabs where all over the bait but sadly they were all undersized did manage to get two good legals in a 3 hour span. A great night and ill be hooping more often from now on.
    Last edited by AngelTheSeaguy; 03-20-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: photo

How you going to make them crabs? Rock crabs don't seem to have that much meat on them except on the claws.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelTheSeaguy View Post
    Hey guys well heres my first report so this Friday night i drove down to Cabrillo Beach to try my hands at some crabbing for the first time ever. The night was good the temp was fairly fresh and the moon light was amazing so anyways i used a Promar Eclipse hoop net with a combo of squid and some chicken for bait . Well the crabs where all over the bait but sadly they were all undersized did manage to get two good legals in a 3 hour span. A great night and ill be hooping more often from now on.
    were you boating or off the pier?

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    How you going to make them crabs? Rock crabs don't seem to have that much meat on them except on the claws.
    Dude, there is ALOT of meat in those crabs

Quote Originally Posted by stepchild View Post
    were you boating or off the pier?
    i was on the pier i had better much better luck at the shallow end

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    well i boiled them the next morning put some salt and lemon juice and ate them with some cocktail sauce both seemed to have a really good amount off meat in them tasty too!

i made crab cakes with mine....