Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: StriperFest 2011

can someone tell me what striperfest is all about though. I feel stupid for asking this but ive only heard about it and never fished it, so i know what im walking into it would be great if someone could tell me
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

If i see daisy dukes with hairyass legs somebodys going swimin,,,,,,,,,and it wont be me,,,,,,,,

STRIPER FEST 2009

VIDEO at the get togather at the end of the day made by wayn2deep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc8nbZlhrWE

video of the action on the BAKO BOYS boat ,,,,,,,,TB LANDING 1 and CUT BAIT getting broke off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hhlaXIsvnc

TRAIL BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

one last question. Do you have to have a boat?
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    one last question. Do you have to have a boat?
    nope,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you just have to show up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BUT,,

Many help,d with xpences of other boat owners and hiched rides with them last time,,,and some fished from the bank,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just hope that HITT,S ON makes it this time to show all the BANKers how its done

HITTS = King of the bank

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    can someone tell me what striperfest is all about though. I feel stupid for asking this but ive only heard about it and never fished it, so i know what im walking into it would be great if someone could tell me
    Striper-Fest is a friendly striper fishing competition ! Held at Castaic Lake

All are welcome, boat, no boat, bait, lures etc…

anything goes but our common goal is to get out there and slay !

The point is to get everyone on the water and catch some fish !

No entry fee’s …just need to bring a few striper oriented items, lures, garb etc !

We pool all the items together and make prize packs out of them and everyone puts their names in a box and we do a drawing and disperse the items..

I’ve made trophies for 3 winners:

Biggest Fish
    Heaviest Stringer (10 fish limit-could be less fish-doesn’t have to be a limit)
    Smallest fish (Maybe Lipripper will post a pic of the prized small fish trophy)

It’s all about fun and conradery.

We fish all day from the time the lake opens till it closes…then we meetup for the after fishing festivities.

Drawing for prizes
    Trophy awards
    Usually I’ll play some original fishing songs on the guitar

Also we welcome other players and singers-hopefully we can get more going this year-last year we had Finsmackdown join me on vocals on the feelthesteel version of the CCR song “Bad moon rising” but my version is: “BIG TROUT RISING”

I’m sure we’ll see other classic songs come out like !

Striper Blitz (sung to the tune of ballroom blitz by sweet)
    Get Bass (sung to the tune of get back by the beatles)
    Let ‘em bleed (sung to the tune of let it be by the beatles)
    Fishin around the brush (sung to the tune of beatin’ around the bush by AC/DC)

And more..

Of course no event like this is complete without everyone exchanging their fishing lies about the ones that got away…

You see it’s all about having a good time and people are welcome to camp overnight after the festivities…

campgrounds will have already been handled through me for any wanting to stay on…

We have a blast afterwards !

There you have it : )

Gary

I'm in with a boatload of ringers.

I just want to suggest an appropriate date. How does April 1st sound to you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post

I just want to suggest an appropriate date. How does April 1st sound to you guys?
    I'm afraid thats a little too soon, that not even 2 weeks away, I don't think that gives sufficient time for the proper planning not even on my end but for all the potential anglers.

In addition, we don't really have a real solid bite going at the lake yet, by then we should see more of a patterned bite
    (hope I'm right - no true way to predict the fish activity)

I'm not 100% locked into April 30th but it seemed like about the right time frame .

If we do indeed change it, I need to determine that real soon as I've got inquiries and pending reservations for the 30th for the Group camp.

Need everyones input but 12-13 days isn't enuff lee time : (

Please by all means, lets keep this communication going and we'll all get another great event out of it : )

4/30 Just happn,s to fall on my 1 weekend off that month,,,,,,,,,sure would make it easy on me,,,,,,,,,,,BUT WHENEVER IT HAPPNS,,,IM THERE!

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    nope,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you just have to show up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BUT,,

Many help,d with xpences of other boat owners and hiched rides with them last time,,,and some fished from the bank,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just hope that HITT,S ON makes it this time to show all the BANKers how its done

HITTS = King of the bank
    I'll fill a seat if someone is looking to cut down on expenses.

or I'll rent or bank it... either way i wouldn't miss it.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast