Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Replacing a lost fishing license

Default Replacing a lost fishing license

With the new fishing licenses in California, how do you go about getting a replacement if you lost yours? What are the fees?

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/officelocation.html

Just find the appropriate phone number on the list in the link

i got my license at walmart and its they will replace it for 9 bucks if i lose it.

Here's what happened for me. I called one of the numbers that LOLLY gave above and it was a good thing I did. I got mine at Sport Chalet and I should have been able to just go get a new one for $9 bucks. But I called the DFG and they looked up my license and for some reason there was a problem with it and they weren't allowed to make a duplicate of my license. WTF? Anyway, they had to call Sacramento and get the authorization to make a duplicate for my license (again, WTF?) and then I had to drive down to Los Alamitos and pick up my license in person. They could have mailed it to me but I needed it before then. I think one of the kids at Sport Chalet did something wrong and that's why my license wasn't authorized to print a duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin310 View Post
    Here's what happened for me. I called one of the numbers that LOLLY gave above and it was a good thing I did. I got mine at Sport Chalet and I should have been able to just go get a new one for $9 bucks. But I called the DFG and they looked up my license and for some reason there was a problem with it and they weren't allowed to make a duplicate of my license. WTF? Anyway, they had to call Sacramento and get the authorization to make a duplicate for my license (again, WTF?) and then I had to drive down to Los Alamitos and pick up my license in person. They could have mailed it to me but I needed it before then. I think one of the kids at Sport Chalet did something wrong and that's why my license wasn't authorized to print a duplicate.
    Wow, that's some BS. Good thing you have it now. Post a report after your fishing trip.

Default Lic. Problems?

I just, 4/1/11, wanted to add the 2nd rod enhancement to mine. Went into Fisherman's Hardware, gave them my CA drivers lic., they scanned it into the puter terminal, it came up almost instantly, and I added the enhancement for $13.50 ... No fuss, no problem.

Since they are all now computerized and based on your CA Driver's Lic., you should, in theory anyway, be able to go to ANY place that sells the licenses and do whatever you need to do ...

Evidently the kid that sold it to you DID do something wrong ... I was in and out in less that three minutes!

Tom