Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Berkley Mice Tails Question

Default Berkley Mice Tails Question

Fished Corona yesterday and use the new mice tail from Berkley. I usually use a powerworm on a drop shot and do pretty well. So after 3-4 fish on a white power worm the bite slowed and switched to a mice tail white head orange body. I threaded a #10 mosquito hook threw the head and out the tail. This thing was getting whacked! Every cast was a bite. The problem I had was getting a good hook set. Switced to a #8 and just nose hooked it threw the egg.
    This resulted in less bites but the bites I did get would stick.

Anybody know the best method to hook these giant sperm?

"Anybody know the best method to hook these giant sperm? "

thanks for the laugh!

Face meet Brick Wall.

You just threaded it down through the egg looking part ... and then further down into the worm?

Looks like they are trying to imitate what a lot of people are already doing ... putting a power egg on a #10 first then a inflated NC?

Doesn't look like it would work well wacky rigging it ...?

Haven't used this product yet but do hear great things about it. This past year I have tried the gulp and eagle claw floating salmon eggs iv been puttin them on a number 8 owner mosquito and wacky rigging powerworms down below and this has worked pretty damn good just dead sticking. I usually just jig powerworms with one rod but I recently got a new compre so the deadstick has been producing on my bait and wait rod. Give it a shot works for me
    Last edited by Matt44; 03-15-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Fished Corona yesterday and use the new mice tail from Berkley. I usually use a powerworm on a drop shot and do pretty well. So after 3-4 fish on a white power worm the bite slowed and switched to a mice tail white head orange body. I threaded a #10 mosquito hook threw the head and out the tail. This thing was getting whacked! Every cast was a bite. The problem I had was getting a good hook set. Switced to a #8 and just nose hooked it threw the egg.
    This resulted in less bites but the bites I did get would stick.

Anybody know the best method to hook these giant sperm?
    i would think the best way to get around this is to not use them!!!!

these were invented to cash in on what people were already doing. this is there first crack at making two separate baits into one, and im sure they haven't perfected it yet. as in, if they are making the egg out the same plastic as the worm that could cause problems with hook sets because the bait doesn't slide on the hook well.

just buy the gulp/power eggs and power worms separately. that way you can make any color combo you want and i have never heard of any one complain about hook sets when using the original power mouse combo.

#10 mosquito hook + gulp/power egg + power egg. thread the egg up to the eye of the hook then thread on your worm. maybe having the two parts fused together doesn't allow for them to properly slide up the hook and line.
    Last edited by Thisfool; 03-15-2011 at 01:22 PM.

do you just jig them or just let them sit?

I think they are pretty helpful but it you have the time just use the gulp eggs and a power worm.

The guy who help designed these told me he prefers the separate eggs to help make his own
    color combination.

I think the gulp egg is better than the one attached to the power mice.

lol I thought Berkeley was making actual MOUSE tail baits for a sec because of the title.

(Mus Domestica)