Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: spiderwire

Default spiderwire

Got a free spool of ultracast invis-braid 6lb at the fred hall show. anybody use this stuff for trout fishing, its the same dia as 1lb mono, but not sure I buy into the invisibility. I assume you would have to use a floro leader. I was thinking of using it to toss lures.

Thanks Bill

yea diffently use a leader.use enough to reach threw the rod, and to the beginning of the reel.to attach the mono to the braid, use a surgens knot with three turns.it only takes a few seconds to tie ,and is very reliable,and strong...

Thanks, anybody use braid for mini jiggin or power worms? I use 2lb mono but wondering if braid to mono or floro would be more sensitive, when the bite is slow.

Thanks Bill

not that it matters, but ive had a small 1lb trout hit a huge senko on a 1/0 widegap bass hook hung from 50lb spiderwire braid... no leader.

happened @ lake fulmor.

Also pending on the water clarity.....but I've gotten bit with no fluorocarbon leader, just Power Pro Braid in the moss green color. Same for bait fishing for trout, unless you use the carolina rig using Power Bait or other floating baits. Those braid lines easily flow through the rod guides and off the reel spool to make great long casts, but beware of the rod guides as some braids will cut grooves in them.
    TTFM